Your top 3 Huel products (What's good and what's not)

Which are your top 3 Huel products and if you have any which would you avoid again!
For me Huel have a lot that I now buy on a regular bases but my top 3 would be

1. RTD - Easy to take with you, satisfying to drink and can satisfy a little hunger with a multitude of great flavours that I always by the variety packs.
  2. Daily Greens - Easy to drink, best greens I have tasted and a great way to start the day.
  3. Instant Meals - Will fill me up for Lunch and taste great, been through all the flavours and whilst there are a couple I wouldnā€™t buy again (Tomato & Sweet and Sour) most I would happily eat again and again.

Ones I would never buy again

1. INstant Meal Pots Fiery Chickā€™n Noodles - You can smell the spices before you open the box itā€™s that powerful, itā€™s hot but not in a vindaloo type hot, this makes the pot flavourless and unenjoyable. I feel im eating them for the sake of eating them without enjoying it. Have to say I really love the Katsu Curry though.
  2. Huel Complete Nutrition Bar - For me I just didnā€™t enjoy them, they taste okay I guess but every mouthful feels like a chore. They are so dense that I donā€™t enjoy eating them.
2 Likes

Not sure I can manage 3 of each but Iā€™ll have a go.

Best:

1. Standard Huel powder. Good value and nice. The only thing I wish they could improve is the taste when itā€™s freshly made. Itā€™s much nicer after several hours but that makes it less convenient.

2. Essential. As above but less nice and less optimal. But you canā€™t argue with the price.

3. Feel like pure shit just want granola back

Worst:

1. Huel Black. It just tastes rotten.

Everything else is too expensive.

1 Like

Best

1. OG Flavour boosts - I still miss being able to have a SINGLE bag of Huel open but be able to enjoy 10 different flavours.
  2. Huel granola (sigh)
  3. Huel Black (in the bin with you @David)

Worst

1. The one they claim isnā€™t made of chalk but definitely is.
  2. Instant meal sacks because I found it impossible to get a consistent meal.
  3. The new scoop, those indents in the handle.

Iā€™ll also add RTD for both categories. Loved getting that when I was out and about, but itā€™s Ā£3.80 in my local shop now.

Honourable mention to the product minimums. I donā€™t want to buy 12 of something to find out whether I like it or not.

1 Like

Best:
Huel Black : cinnamon, banana and salted caramel each mixed 50/50 with unflavoured
Huel white: original 50/50 with unflavoured
Greens - best out there in taste, texture and nutrients (for the money)
Banana RTD
Mac and cheese and carbonara meals
Watermelon and pineapple drink

Worst:
Granola. Tasted of sawdust and chemicals
Old Huel bars dry and not a patch on the new ones - although I did enjoy them at first.
White berry, chocolate and coffee aramel
Fiery meal pot. All heat no flavour as mentioned by Martyn and also by my own review when I first received it.

Yeah more than 3 in each category but hard to choose just 3 or even one of each product

2 Likes

Gluten free U/u - unfortunately it has been discontinuedā€¦

1. Original flavour ā€œwhiteā€ edition. Been my staple flavoured with raw cacao powder since I started buying Huel.

2. The OG bars (rip :cry:). Yeah they arenā€™t luxurious but they do what they were intended to do IMO.

3. RTD Vanilla then Chocolate. Iā€™ve not generally been a big RTD user, only because I can make one myself for a fraction of the price but Iā€™ve been consuming more of it lately.

4. Daily Greens.

@David how has berry not made your list :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Itā€™s years since I had Berry. Huel has had a couple of revisions since then, and maybe itā€™s no longer like being waterboarded with hummingbird vomit.

3 Likes

Favourites:

1. Powders: BE Cinnamon & Original
  2. H&S: any of the pastas
  3. Greens: really taken to this one and worth the long distance sub.

Honorary mention: v2 RTDā€™s are an absolute favourite but not viable due to shipping and customs/Fedex bandits costs

Least Favourites:

1. H&S: ā€˜grains versionsā€™
  2. Chocolate or fruit flavoured powders ā€“ generally just taste a little synthetic
  3. Granola: tried to like it, but itā€™s mercy killing was necessary and long overdue
1 Like

most

1. Black, all flavours except the pricey ones
  2. Essential, esp. chocolate
  3. v3.1

least

1. RTD, really good, but I prefer powder.
  2. H&S, ditto.
1 Like

Good.

1. Huel black Strawberry/cookies and cream.

2. Huel protein banana

3. Cherry/raspberry cans

Bad.

1. Greens, i refuse to believe anyone likes the taste of this and is lying when they say otherwise. Also had a problem with it 3/4 time had it with a toliet issue.

2. Erm huel white mint choc. Only putting this down as they changed it and i had to take off my order and was push now. Was good before.

3. N/a

I do like bottled white stuff but wouldnt make my top 3 due to cost.

1 Like

Good

1/ Ordinary UU
2/ Black UU

Bad

1/ Greens tastes absolutely disgusting because of stevia.

1 Like