Huel announcements

Have you changed the water you’re mixing it with - from home or work for example? This can make big difference to the taste.

I have also noticed the drop in sweetness and a slightly different taste in my last order (similar to what @Marcus mentions in one of his threads - All of a Sudden I Can Taste Rice Protein ).
If you guys did not change anything at all, then this is a bit intruging. Could there be such a variation in between batches for any other reason?
The batch number printed on the bag of Huel I am experiencing this is 1993

@zoltan I too now find the sweetness to be down from what it used to be. I also have from batch 1993.

Yes, I factored this in. I haven’t changed anything in how I mix the huel. I do it always from home with the same amount of water and powder, and blend it as long.

I, too, have noticed a difference in texture with my second 1-week order–received around a week ago–compared to my batch from August. I blend too, with the same amount of water each time. I’d describe it as creamier–more akin to a milkshake–with a more detectable powdery-ness. There’s also a reduced awareness of bits in the shake when drinking it, being seemingly hidden in that new, creamy texture. I quite like it, though! I’d even say I might prefer it to my first week’s supply.

The core ingredients of Huel are natural products and so do vary from batch to batch that we received. For example the oats can come from different fields and different parts of the country.

1 Like

That’s great news @Julian, thanks!
Before I decide, can I just check - is the reduced flavour and sweetener version still using sucralose, or has that now also switched to stevia?

Yes it is still using sucralose.

We are currently testing alternatives. Stevia seems logical but it does have a bitter taste so we are considering other options.

Just to share that I find new version with less sucralose has a better taste. I was happy with old version, but now I realized that it was too sweet.

Thanks for improving huel!

1 Like

OK thanks @Julian, I think I’ll go with the completely unflavoured and unsweetened version, seeing as that’s what I was originally after! I’ll be trying it as-is initially and report back how I get on!
As it’s not in the shop yet, could you let me know how I can place a 4-week order please?

@reintegrated The unflavoured Huel should be live to buy on Monday. Can you wait until then or do you need sooner?

1 Like

@Julian Will the nutritional values change in the new unflavoured Huel?

Yes they will. Not a great deal and the ratios will remain the same. Basically, you will get a little less power per 2000 cals.

Thanks @Julian, I’ll update my formula !

We will post the nutritional profile for the unflavoured/unsweetened version on Monday when it goes live.

2 Likes

Hi @Julian, I could possibly make what I have left stretch, but if there’s the possibility of ordering sooner I would appreciate it?

Sorry @reintegrated I just saw your message about ordering sooner. If you order before 2pm on Monday you will get it on Tuesday.

I do apologise, if I had seen your message we could have got it out on Friday, really sorry.

That’s OK @Julian, I’ve managed to stretch what I had left by mixing in solid meals, but I’m looking forward to restocking and going back to 100% Huel!
I’m watching the website for the shop change as I type! :slight_smile:

@reintegrated Unflavoured and sweetened Huel is now live to buy on the site!! :smile:

3 Likes

Seen it! Bought it! Hooray! :smiley:
…was I the first? lol