100 % Huel Attempt

Hey All

I am going to go 100% Huel as of tomorrow. I’ll be updating this thread with my experiences if anyone is interested.

100% to me means just water and Huel.

GAME ON

J

5 Likes

Hi Jordan,

Great to hear your enthusiasm! Have you been using Huel for a while? We generally recommend easing yourself in, first try replacing 1 meal with Huel, and then after a while (approx. 5-7 days) you could progress to replacing 2 of your daily meals (and then 3, 4, etc. if you want to go 100% Huel). This will allow your body to slowly adjust to Huel.

1 Like

I’ve been 100% for a while now, its fine, the first 2 weeks will be the hardest with cravings and your body adjusting to the increase in fibre and protein… You will be using the toilet more frequently to begin. but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and after 3-4 weeks.

1 Like

Hi Tim

Thanks for the sound advice, I’ve been replacing two meals a day with Huel now for about a month now and decided to take the next step. Going okay so far but I’ve been addicted to food my whole life tho lol.

Jordan

1 Like

Hi Deveyous

I am really missing that one meal in the evening atm. 100 % huel is currently harder than quiting smoking ATM.

Jordan

1 Like

A couple of things to note;

If you don’t end up on 100% that’s perfectly fine and you shouldn’t beat yourself up over it, dust yourself off and move forward! It’s all about what makes you happy.

There is a microflora in your gut which lives off the food you eat. When you change your diet you eventually change your microflora but until that change happens ( after around 2 - 3 weeks ) it quite literally tells your brain that your missing the food it needs ( which goes towards cravings ). If you do push through that time period your wanting for other food will drop off rapidly.

One night about after a week of huel I literally dreamt of eating food and woke up with my mouth ding the chewing action, i felt guilty because for a second i thought I’d eaten something haha.

Picture your goal, why did you decide to go 100% huel? If you visualise it and focus on it as hard as you can it can make the process that little bit easier.

Also, I use digital kitchen scales to ensure that I am getting the exact right amount of huel each day so not to risk cutting my intake unnecessarily, do you measure out your huel? I know you can go by level scoops but i find scales are more accurate.

I find scales more useful than scoops too…I always use them.

2 Likes

Been just using the scoop which I believe is roughly 38g. Got some new kitchen scales now though so I’ll be using those! Far more accurate.

I’m sticking to 1.5k calories per day with an evening meal so don’t have 3 scoops in breakfast and lunch means. I find one scoop is not quite enough. It gets me through to lunch from breakfast but I’m a little bit too hungry at 12pm or so, so I’m going to try 50g and see how I go on that. Fingers crossed I’ll come to know exactly how much I need between breakfast & lunch and lunch & dinner before long!