Addiction to food, sugar, caffeine, etc

For me, 2 liters of diet coke will play havock, but some artificial sweeteners are fine. The amount of artificial sweeteners that is in 300g of huel gives me little or no sugar cravings, even with flavor boosts.

However, if I eat pasta, couscous, rice, refined sugar, honey, high sugar fruit, or bread…its all over. It doesn’t matter if it is whole grain or not, the hunger/cravings become intense and I will eat until I fall asleep that night.

After a couple of months with a relatively low sugar diet, the cravings are lower. I will still finish the pack of biscuits in one go if I buy them, I am just not buying them as often. Also, I am getting back on the wagon quicker, probably the most important thing for weight loss.

The problem with artificial sweeteners is that they are addictive - sometimes I feel one can not get enough from them. And sugar does not seem to be a substitute. I often worry whether it is “save” to have such a high amount of artificial sweeteners; are there any side effects? Does it ruin insulin metabolism? I still haven’t found a good answer to these questions…

Have you tried Stevia? It’s all natural.
I’ve stopped taking sugar years ago (except when eating out - can hardly resist ice cream) so I cannot tell about addiction to Canderel/Splenda/etc.

“Taking”? :joy::joy:

yeah it’s a drug y’know. :slight_smile:

It’s a well known phrase. I’ve been asked countless times if I take sugar in my coffee.