Advice from James Collier would be nice!

Hi, Im trying Huel for the second time in as many years, my first experience was horendious although I have been told this time to expect better product and customer service.

I have had Hodgkins Lymphoma 4B, a few years ago I was also diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. whilst I have been in remission from cancer for many years mentally I have been coping by ensuring year on year I don’t loose weight. hence now I’m a balloon and have to do something about it. in addition my body does not seem to make, convert or use D3 hence my sarcoidosis can flair up and leave me in a lot of pain.

Should/can I use Huel to to improve my diet and start to loose weight in a controlled way?

In addition I did receive a flavour boost pack and I have tried a few this week with the unsweetened Huel, I don’t get the flavour come through I’m using 2 scoops with 400m of water. Am I doing something wrong? I have tried the rhubarb&custard, Banana but I only seem to get a bitter aftertaste, I will be trying the toffee for breakfast. Huel on it own tastes a bit like Weetabix and not a bad flavour just a bit bland.

Be good to here from anyone with similar experience, with the product or the medical history.

Hi @B7YEN

Sorry you had a horrendous experience previously; I’m not aware of the issues you had, so I can’t respond.

Unless you’re prescribed any medication that has potential to interact with some nutrients, then Huel should be fine for you to include in your diet. Huel would be great to help you control your intake.

How was the D3 issue diagnosed? Is it the conversion to 25OHD3 that’s the issue? Is this related to the sarcoidosis? How do you obtain vitamin D?

The flavour boosts do work on UU Huel, but are best on Vanilla or Original Huel.

Hi James,
The vitamin D problem was linked to Sarcoidosis all I can tell you is the usual blood test showed I was deficient, but after several months the consultant became suspicious and ordered a ‘gold top’ test. this was very different and quite costly as I understand. the sample was sent to London for diagnosis. the result was I was actually overdosing by taking the vet D supplement.

I will be seeing my consultant again in a few weeks and want to give her the full facts (maybe you’ll receive a new customer)

I have now tried the UU version for a week replacing 2 meals a day. with a loss of approximately between 5-7 pounds this week Lbs. I have noticed that in the afternoon (17:00) I tend to become extremely sleepy and crash, however I can’t attribute this to the Huel as after the Chemo my body ability to regulate temperature is all over the place, this week has been extremely hot.

overall I’m not sure on what to do, is 2 scoops 2 times a day plus evening meal to much? I know I dont drink enough but again thats a side affect from the Chemo, Huel being made with water I figured would help.

I realise your company would never make recommendation for fear of being held accountable should anything go wrong, however there are many people out there like me struggling and if Huel can help this would be fantastic.

Next week I will be mixing the last of the UU with the Vanilla and hopefully I will try and make a blog, I just need to find someone who can advise if what I am doing is mad or somehow dangerous to my health.

thanks for your reply

Hi @B7YEN - thanks for the reply.

4 scoops plus an evening meal is not too much and do try to drink more.

We can advise without giving specific recommendations and as I have a clinical dietetics background and have worked with patients who’ve had difficulty eating, please let me know if I can help.

1 Like