All or nothing - 1 month of 100% Huel

Hey ya,

Sooooo this started off as a way to save money on food while travelling over the Christmas break but thought I might start it early to avoid any surprises on my holiday.

Knowing that it’s usually better to ease into any major changes I have still decided to start with 100% as I am an all or nothing kind of girl and once I have my mind set on something it is hard to convince me otherwise. Determinedly-minded…what can I say :woman_shrugging:

My second reason to start this is to kick start my weightloss journey again, not going to bore you with the details but in short I had lost 20kg last year by eating healthy and exercising regularly - I moved countries beginning of this year and the change in routine de-railed my efforts and I have put close to all the weight back on. I know this is something I can achieve again just need to kick my sugar habit which hopefully will come with 1 month on Huel.

My doseage:

• Daily calorie intake: 1,432
  • Weekly exercise: 45min - 6 times a week (mix of Strength, Cardio and Yoga) - this is something I am already doing on a weekly basis
  • Daily Huel intake: 340g of Huel a day split into 5 meals a day

I decided to start with the UU Huel and the sample pack flavouring too see what I like. I planned my meal splits to be the following:

• Breakfast - 2 scoops
  • Snack 1 - 1 scoop
  • Lunch - 3 scoops
  • Snack 2 - 1 scoop
  • Dinner - 2 scoops

Today is day 1 and I have found the adjustment surprisingly easy…

Day 1:

• Breakfast: 76g of UU Huel with Cocao flavouring
  • Snack: 38g of UU Huel with Banana flavouring
  • Lunch: 76g of UU Huel with Mint Choc flavouring (was planning on having 114g but the 76g for Breakfast was plenty for 1 meal)
  • Snack: 76g of UU Huel with Pineapple & coconut flavouring
  • Dinner: 76g of UU Huel with Strawberry flavouring

I expecting a few challenges in the first week or two so let’s see what tomorrow and the following week brings :smirk:.

Happy Weekend!!! :blush:

5 Likes

Good luck with that :slightly_smiling_face: I found that drinking Huel got rid of any cravings I had for sugar and other bad carbs. I hope it works like that for you too.

2 Likes

All the best, keep us updated! :slight_smile:

Good luck! Hope your gut flora don’t rebel after changing their diet without warning :grin:

1 Like

I find it’s stopped my sugar cravings but not so much carbs. For years I drank full sugar coke, it was my favourite drink, I would crave for it and enjoyed it a lot. Coke zero and the like is ok but not as nice as the full sugar Coke. Huel has stopped that as I hardly ever have either now and don’t even crave for it. However I still crave for bread though and I do have to have a sandwich, not daily but a few times in a week.

1 Like

I’m lucky I never liked sugary drinks, though am partial to sugar free energy drinks now and again. Bread is one thing I like occasionally.

1 Like

Thank you for all the support guys!!!

I feel pretty confident after my second day - food has been on my mind but I was always feeling full, so it was pretty easy to push the thought away.

Is it crazy to feel a change after 2 days? It might just be a change in mentality but I feel GREAT! Less bloated and just that little bit more confident…:blush:

I did however have a little dizzy spell after breakfast today but it went away after a few minutes. Otherwise no negative side effects thus far :call_me_hand:

Ok sooo my split changed slightly today but my overall Huel consumption stayed the same.
Day 2:
Breakfast: 2 scoops UU Huel
Snack: 2 scoops UU Huel
Lunch: 2 scoops UU Huel
Snack: 1 scoop UU Huel
Dinner: 2 scoops UU Huel

My thought process for this was to have less food as the day went on but I do feel hungrier than I did same time yesterday…might try having 3 scoops for lunch tomorrow to see how that goes.

So far absolutely loving this!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sugary drinks were never an issue with me - broke that habit years ago but I’m a sucker for pastries…:drooling_face:

and of course…all carbs. But hopefully after this month my cravings for both would have subsided. :grin:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed!!! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like