Alternative to Huel?

Yes, I’d agree with that.

1 Like

It is on tv occasionally…worth a watch…very dated now tho.

1 Like

I’ll search for it on Kodi :wink:

Bound to be there.

But then again so is all of the sky portfolio if you hack it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Tubby_Graver you’re better off watching this:

1 Like

I got this film yesterday! Any good?

It is good, although has dated a bit. One of my favourite dystopian future movies though…and as you will see when you watch it, we are fast heading towards a society it features (bearing in mind it is set in 2022…just 5 and a bit years away!)

2 Likes

I am on a dystopian film spree atm

Excellent…anything you’d recommend?

I’m currently working on one like Huel and Ambronite, which will use high quality ingredients (though in a slightly different way). In addition to that though, ones like Nutberg and Bertrand go a whole foods route, just like Ambronite.

For those curious about the term -lent, shortly after Soylent came along, the term soylent (with a lowercase s) started being used for all the DIYs that were being made at the time, and subsequently all other commercial options. Whilst soy and lentils is part of the inspiration for the original Soylent (the rest being Soylent Green), soylent with a lowercase s is simply a generic term used to apply to meal replacements that you can (but don’t necessarily have to) use as your sole source of nutrition.

2 Likes

Not as yet, only the known ones such as 1984, Fahrenheit 451, THX 1138, Brazil etc all good but I am sure you’ll have seen them. Haven’t got through the more obscure titles yet.

Metropolis is good…for its age; I saw 1984 for the first time in ages last week, and there is a new Blade Runner film coming soon.

I really liked Equilibrium, and V for Vendetta. Mad Max 2 was great and the original Planet of the Apes too.

The Road is good, as is the book.

Not sure what really obscure ones I have seen off the top of my head.

1 Like

Westworld the TV show is apparently good…the old movie with Yul Brynner was.

1 Like

+1 for Westworld, but only the tv series. Cargo, 2009, I enjoyed.

1 Like

Wtf have i just watched !!

1 Like

Speaking of books, I recommend Limes inferior - Wikipedia, Return from the Stars - Wikipedia, Roadside Picnic - Wikipedia or We (novel) - Wikipedia - on which Huxley’s Brave New World and Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four were based :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome thanks…I haven’t read any of them; all look good.

I am just reading Oryx and Crake, the first of a trilogy by Margaret Atwood…I’d never been tempted by her works, but again someone recommended these to me, so I am reading now…very good if a little simplistic.

1 Like

+1 for Brazil, THX 1138 and Equilibrium

Also adding:
Gattaca
District 9
Children of Men
A Scanner Darkly
Snowpiercer

1 Like

Oh yeah, District Nine and CoM are excellent…I found Scanner hard work…will check out the other.