Any fitbit huelers? Counting calories?

I want to lose a bit of weight with help from Huel.

My fitbit says I use about 3500 kcal per day on average from walking around and exercise.

At 6ft1 and 90kg an online calculator says BMR = 1,877 Calories/day.

I’ve just started with Huel so before must’ve been way over eating as I’ve been slowly putting on weight.

If the Fitbit is correct, does that mean I can have 3000 calories of Huel and lose 1lb per week?

Should I trust the Fitbit?

3000 calories of huel would be great as 2000 calories of it leaves me feeling hungry, weak, and irritable throughout the day.

Or will I get used to restricted calories?

Thanks

I was thinking about buying a Fitbit to see how many calories I burn. But after a google on accuracy I decided not to, from what I read they over estimate calories burned. I suppose it really would have to be an amazing gadget to be really accurate.With maybe a chip in our body to tell our gadget exactly how many calories we burn. I would like something that was accurate though it would be cool, but these gadgets whether a gadget on our wrists or exercise machine just go by averages and estimates. Probably why I haven’t lost any weight so can’t rely on them, plus where all different some have faster metabolisms than others.

Unless you have very exacting or unusual requirements you don’t need sophisticated tech. Just make a best guess & set your intake accordingly, track your weight & if the changes aren’t adequate or in the right direction modify intake. If you avoid stupidly big changes you’ll converge on a solution without any damage to your health. Current consumer tech in this area is rubbish aiui anyway; only really fit for novelty purposes.

I use the Fitbit Blaze. I trust mine, the heart rate is spot on with any heart rate monitor I’ve been hooked up too. If 2000 calories makes you feel so bad then you’re def not eating enough. If I was burning that much per day I would take my calories up to 2,500/3,000 and monitor it. Hope that helps x

I looked into this recently too. I’ve used a Fitbit Charge 2 for around 14 months. I noticed my calories used on the Fitbit were higher than I’d worked on online using various TDEE calculators etc. I hoped the Fitbit was accurate and that I’d under calculated my TDEE, but I suspect in reality the Fitbit might be over-estimating a bit, maybe by a few hundred calories?

these calorie baselines is not set in stone, your individual genes will change drastically the efficiency in which your calories are used. Diabetes is skyrocketing in Asia and in Native American populations since entry into the 1st world because they are the most at risk populations with this thrifty metabolism gene. It is thought that it comes from peoples who have ancestors who survived famines.

recent research shows that those who suffer food shortage do not really suffer in their lifetime if they get enough to survive, however their children are exponentially more likely to be overweight or have diabetes, it is because their bodies have adapted to food shortage, so need less calories.

That’s pretty intriguing, do you have any links to the studies?