Anyone else hate the Huel website?

I wanted to increase my box number for the 31st March order and was able to do that successfully (ordered 3 x Berry Ready to Drink Huel, instead of the usual 2 x). However I just tried to turn my order back down to 2 x Berry RtD Huel and it would not let me without losing my discount code. So I had to disable my subscription and then set a new one up in order to use my military discount code again.

This process has now charged me another £55.30 and set the subscription date to 1st April, even though I just received the 31st March order today… So basically anytime I want to increase-decrease my order I have to cancel my subscription and then wait until the day before I want the Huel to arrive and then re-set up my order. Complete mess.

I’ve had to contact support about this. Not idea how that is going to go down but if it’s anything like my previous experience I’ll just be told “nope you’ve paid now”. Either way, not intuitive at all. And I don’t know about anyone else but I have to log in on nearly every page I move to. Don’t have this issue on any other website so it’s not cookies or saving data.

I also had a friend at work I recommended Huel to. He ordered “one time” purchase and another order came through a week or so later. He contacted support who told him it had already shipped so nothing they could do. Saddest part is he actually enjoyed the product, but won’t be buying again due to poor website and customer service. Whole thing needs an overhaul.

2 Likes

huel

Is someone going to review the complaint I made before the order ships? Does anyone even man these forums?

They are ‘manned’ occasionally but this isn’t really intended to be a customer service platform. More for us to share our thoughts/experiences and get advice from other Huelers. They are busy atm and it must be frustrating waiting but it seems from what you’re saying that they are at fault. I’m sure it will eventually be resolved to your satisfaction!

Hey there, we try not use the forum as a customer service platform since it has caused issues in the past. Sorry for the delay but it seems like you emailed us at 7pm last night. We’ll get to you shortly don’t worry. I’ll see where the team are at and get back to you!

I did. I received an automated email 24 minutes later and nothing since. DPD have recalled the order but I haven’t had a response now for nearly 24 hours. I don’t know what’s happened to the money. How many people work in your customer service department?

I sometimes like to order an extra box and I don’t want to go through this rigmarole again. There are other complaints about people ordering one-off purchases and being put down for subscriptions… People ordering a flavour pack and then getting another one every week…

Tim, are you able to give me a non-corporate answer to whether the website is going to be updated in the near future?

1 Like

Great to hear the return is sorted so that you don’t receive it. The team will be in touch today to organise the refund.

We have teams for UK, Europe and US specific customer experience; in the UK there’s 8 and we have had a massive recruitment drive and will have 4 more in the next 6 weeks which is really exciting for everyone. The UK get around 1000 emails a day, so 50% more people is going to be huge.

Sorry any of my responses have seemed corporate! I don’t think of myself as corporate at all! The account management system is a heck of a lot better than it was but the team are checking bugs and fixing them every day. Reporting on here is helpful, so thanks! It’s not broken, many people are having far better experiences than before (like the ability to change flavours!), but sorry you’ve had some issues and haven’t been able to do this.

1 Like

About half of them…

7 Likes

Again here they just respond with regards to your specific issue but no comment on the plans for the website as a whole which is causing so many issues.

1 Like

Tim, 12 people doing 1,000 emails a day is what, 86 emails per person? And I assume they also deal with the actual issue, not just sending a response. I wouldn’t call this “really exciting”, although anxiety can feel like that sometimes.

I work in a customer service department and our wait times for February averaged at 6 minutes 29 seconds. I had to wait 3 days to get a response and the staff member changed my subscription to a completely different month from the one I asked for, and changed my frequency from 1 week to 6 weeks.

Please be assured that our tech team are working hard to resolves these issues as quickly as possible.

Sorry Ella, but I am not assured at all.

The account management system is a heck of a lot better than it was

The team are checking bugs and fixing them every day

Many people are having far better experiences than before

Am I able to obtain a report of these figures and how you surveyed them? I would also like a list of bug fixes and why the main ones like one-time purchases setting up subscriptions aren’t being prioritized.

Freedom of Information legislation only applies to public authorities, ie. Government and the like.
I don’t think there is such a thing as Huel-Land, yet.

That aside, be nice… Huel is experiencing explosive growth, and currently they seem to be gradually staffing up, be patient.

10 Likes

How does this comment help anyone?

I am being nice. I’m responding to being treated poorly by a company that only cares about their bottom line.

Also, very odd that this is your first comment on this website. Huel staff smurf account, I’m guessing?

1 Like

Hey There,

I’m just going to hop in here as Tim is away on holiday this week.

I understand you are frustrated with several things here, I’m really sorry about that. It definitely seems as though a few different elements have accumulated which has lead to a less than positive experience. This is unusual for us and again, I’m really sorry.

Tim, 12 people doing 1,000 emails a day is what, 86 emails per person? And I assume they also deal with the actual issue, not just sending a response. I wouldn’t call this “really exciting”, although anxiety can feel like that sometimes.

We are excited to have 12 people on the UK team, it will absolutely increase our capacity to respond to Huelers quicker than we are now. That being said, the team also have to respond to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & the telephones so it extends much further than sending 86 emails per day.

I had to wait 3 days to get a response and the staff member changed my subscription to a completely different month from the one I asked for, and changed my frequency from 1 week to 6 weeks.

I can see that there was a little confusion with the date in the latest email, not to worry though, it’s easily fixed. I can process this today for you if you would like me to?

Sorry Ella, but I am not assured at all.

Sorry you aren’t convinced on this. As Ella mentioned, the tech team always work extremely hard to resolve outstanding issues.

As per the Freedom of Information Act 2000, am I able to obtain a report of these figures

What figures are you referring to here?

It’s been mentioned here before, but please do remember the Forum is not a customer service platform and there are several other ways you can get in touch with the team.

Poor guess, pal.

2 Likes

Hi

You aren’t alone I had a bit of a problem adding two scoops to my subscription the other week.

My sub got delivered without the scoops despite me sending two emails.

BUT I did manage to harvest a response by email a few days later and the following week I received my scoop.

I understand that in the era of Amazon Prime et al we expect a very high level of customer service.

I get you but also consider the time it took Amazon to develop and the time Huel have been around. Amazon are totally established. Huel are still establishing themselves.

But yes, they could do better. As could Amazon.

:laughing:

Oh yeah, right, you can’t, because FoI doesn’t apply here. Nice.

Customer service is wherever your customers are :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, this seems to vary a bit too much.

I swear I’ve seen some official comments from staff saying the forum is a customer service interface, but then other times we see advice such as the above.

Would be good to get clarification.

Agree there should be some clarification on this. They do get good feedback from us here.

1 Like

Happy to add some clarification!

In the pinned post that Tim wrote last year, we say the following about the Forum & Customer Service;

Customer Service If you have a question about an order, delivery or upcoming deliveries then it is best for you to email team@huel.com. You will be put in touch with our amazing customer service team who will be able to resolve your issue faster than any post to the forum will.

Whilst we will, of course, try and offer assistance in any way that we can, the Forum isn’t ran by the CS team and you are likely to get much more accurate answer by going through a different channel.

2 Likes

More holidays than the Queen that bloke.

4 Likes