Appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals

@Dan_Huel how many pre-made Huels do I need to drink to consume the appropriate amount of vitamins & minerals?

1 Like

About 5 a day, but ready to drink isn’t designed to be used like that. If you drank 100% ready to drink you would get too much of some things like fat. Ready to drink is designed to be a healthy alternative for when time is short. The powder is a healthier product nutrionally, and can be used for a 100% diet.

2 Likes

Thank you. I thought one of the ready to drink shakes would give me my daily amount of vitamins and minerals.

Broadly speaking, Huel products are designed to be nutritionally complete per calorie. This means if you consume 2000kcal of Huel products in a day you will get your daily amounts of protein, carbs, fats, vitamins and minerals etc. If you consume only 1000kcal, you would get half the amount and then you would make up the rest with whatever food you eat that day.

1 Like

I tend to do about 15 Ready to Drinks a week
Mon-Fri 3 per day but have a meal in the evenings
Weekends are a mixed bag of both
No noticeable issues

2 Likes

That’s a lot. Is there a reason you don’t use the powder? It’s cheaper, and nutritionally healthier.

1 Like

Hey Sammy, welcome to the forum, it’s great to have you here!

Good question. All Huel products are designed so that if you consumed 2000kcal of any combination of products you would have had at least 100% of your recommended vitamins and minerals.

For our Ready-to-drink each bottle is 400kcal, so five bottles = 2000kcal and at least 100% of your vitamins and minerals (and recommended macronutrients too)

There are variations between each product, some are higher in certain nutrients, but the above statement holds true. Complete Protein is slightly more nutrient dense though, since it is a snack, not a meal.

It’s worth noting that we don’t say that consuming Huel for 100% of your diet is the best experience. Many do this and it is fine, but it can be a bit of shock to the system and isn’t totally how we intend Huel to be used. Huel is here for your most inconvenient meals!

2 Likes

Form, time, simplicity, taste, consistency, convenience
I have for years run powder/shakers and still do when at home
But the RTD rocks on the commute

1 Like

Cost and nutrition between Huel types isn’t a factor for me
Known cost and nutrition vs inconsistent diet and higher cost of non Huel is the position that keeps me on RTD

1 Like

RTD twice a day (some days three) 7 days a week with hot meal in the evening. Works great for us.

2 Likes