Awful consistency

Hey there @RBM, I’m so sorry you’ve been having such problems with your Huel. I would echo what @rtrt has said, something doesn’t seem quite right here. Huel does have a tendency to clump, this is due the natural ingredients - particularly the oat flour - but we massively improved with a change to our calcium source in v2.2. However, I don’t believe you should be having so many lumps and having to chew threw your Huel.

1. You should not have to blend your Huel. I’ve been using Huel for over 2 years and I reckon I could count on one hand the amount of times I have blended Huel for myself.
  • Are you adding the powder after the water? Adding water on top of Huel will clump
  • When we say shake and reshake, we been go to town on that shaker. None of this giving your shaker a little wobble, pretend you’re shaking a martini for a grumpy looking James Bond. Shake left, right as well as up and down
  • Use your plastic mesh in the shaker to prevent you consuming any lumps if all this still doesn’t work
  1. If the consistency isn’t for you then do just add a little more water. We recommend 3 scoops to 570ml as a starting point, but feel free to just add more or adjust the ratio a little. N.B. leaving Huel for extended periods will thicken it, as will refrigeration.

It would be amazing to get you loving Huel, we can do this!

2 Likes