Beginning my huel journey

Hi folks!

My name’s Ben. I’m 27 years old, 6 ft 4 and 337 pounds though at the end of january I weighed 348 so some progress has been made lol.

My main aim is to lose weight but I would also like to gain muscle. I started working out and changing my eating habits at the start of February and it’s been a good start. Normally I give up after a week or two but since I’m determined to keep it up this time I’ve taken the plunge and set up a huel subscription.

I’m hoping huel will help me continue to lose weight both efficiently and healthily especially once lockdown ends and I’m back in work with less time to prepare healthy meals.

I’ve been overweight all my life as a result of both comfort eating and binge eating so my ultimate objective is to get in better shape than I was when I was 18. Hopefully posting here will help me stay motivated so that eventually I can comfortably fit in my huel 2xl shirt!

Thanks for reading this and good luck to all of you in your journeys,

Ben

5 Likes

Welcome Ben,

From my perspective Huel was difficult to get into but once you’re in you are hooked.
You will have good and bad days but make a plan and a routine and stick with it.
Don’t make it too strict and make sure you are enjoying it, otherwise what’s the point!

Success doesn’t and won’t come overnight but it will come. Take pictures of yourself and your progress, it will be motivational and you get to look back in years to come.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey

Jonathan

Hello :wave:

I think with weight loss the most important thing is being consistent and doing something you can stick to long term. Eating very little will lose a lot of weight, but it will all pile back on if how you’re eating isn’t sustainable for you. I think it’s best not to see something as a “diet” but just the way you’re choosing to eat.

What flavours do you have? I hated my very first Huel, but now 3 months later I love it. It’s really worth sticking with and trying different ways of preparing it because the benefits are so worth it in my opinion. Good luck with everything!

1 Like

Sharing your progress on social media or forums definitely helps many people - it keeps you accountible.
So post as much as you like about it. Also the difficulties if they come up, because many people here can help you with their experience and advice.
So good luck to you!

1 Like

Hey Ben, welcome to Huel!

Best of luck on your journey.

These articles may help:

Let me know if you have any specific questions.