Blender recommendations please

So, ten days into Huel and I’m certain enough that I like it, that I’m prepared to spend money on a blender so I can add ice, fruit and experiment with other recipes.
Just done a search here on the forum for blender recommendations but all the threads are 2/3 years old.
As technology and prices move on pretty quick I thought I’d start a new thread.

Recommendations please! Thanks :grin:

1 Like

Vitamix or one like it…cos it will last you years and can be useful for so many other things. I use mine all the time.

5 Likes

Andrew James Nutri-Fit and Breville Blend-Active here

2 Likes

Breville is great imo

2 Likes

Got my NutriBullet from eBay - makes great work of the ice cubes I chuck in and the large capacity beaker can be drunk from saving washing up if you’re lazy like me :wink:

3 Likes

Same with AJ Nutri-Fit. Large and small containers plus drinking lid.

2 Likes

This was the one I went for:

12 piece is a bit misleading as that includes 2 books! So the useful bits are:

1. 600w NutriBullet
  2. 1 large cup - easily fits 500ml + 3 scoops
  3. 2 small cups (one with fixed handle)
  4. 2 screw on lids (no popping off in my man bag)
  5. 2 blenders - one is used for grinding and I’ve used it with spices and nuts
  6. 2 plastic rings that screw on to the cups so that you’re not drinking out of them with grooves pressed against your lips (one had a handle)
3 Likes

This is the Andrew James blender

3 Likes

My NutriBullet works great for me, I have the 900W version. It only takes seconds to turn anything into a very smooth blend, including frozen fruit. For just mixing Huel it works almost instantly.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Vitamix for me,I use it 3 or 4 times a day,nothing stops it.

4 Likes

I already had a vitamix before so that’s what I use.

2 Likes

There’s mention of Vitamix and Blendtec blenders here; there’s not really needed for mixing Huel but for blending aficionados there are the ticket, dealing with ice, nuts and so on. But at £400+ it’s quite a ticket. I reviewed the top end of the market quite closely and found the Enpee at just under £200 but equivalent to Vitamix/Blendtec in terms of power and quality. But for Huel I use a £10 blender bought on special offer from the local supermarket! It just about copes with a banana + Huel so that’s ok. If it packs up I will go for a nutri bullet but at home will use the Enpee - I’m really happy with that.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your replies :grin:
I’ve been looking at all those suggested.
The vitamix seems well out of my price range although I probably would use it for all sorts of other things too.
The nutribullet seems good and I like that it’s small as so is my kitchen!
I think a £10 blender probably wouldn’t suit my needs as I want to be able to whizz up ice and raw veg in it too.
Altho I may actually get a cheap one for now while trying to decide what ‘decent’ one to get!

Have to admit I’m fairly tempted by a Magimix which I found whilst looking for a bargain on a nutribullet, as £150-200 is more my price range and will do everything I need and it has great reviews.

I’m no good at decisions!
I’m sure whatever I get will do the job just fine!

2 Likes

Well after much debate, I did actually go for the Magimix Power Blender.
So totally ignored everybody’s suggestions and did my own thing :rofl: which about sums me up!
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions though - it was a great help as pointed me in the right direction of what to look for and what kind of thing other people use for their Huel.

3 Likes

I got a £12 blender from
Asda Plus an extra 2 containers
And it’s hardly used !!
Shake vigoursosly is the answer for me !!

1 Like

When I’m just mixing powder I will definitely stick to just shaking!
But I fancy trying some recipes - raw veg etc
And ice!

1 Like

Simple bosch or braun stick blender (sub 20 GBP) ; blend directly in the Huel shaker. Simples.

I find that with even the large Nutribullet with 500ml and three scoops causes it to overflow, so I add it the last 200 ml afterwards and stir. Obviously this isn’t ideal. Any way around this?

@Doug_Huel Mine is ok, see pics above?