Hello all - Just thought I’d share some feedback on my experiences of using blenders with Huel. I use a mix of RTD and powdered Huel in my normal daily routines – the RTD filling gaps when time is short if I have to miss lunch for meetings etc. As I like to mix the powdered Huel with frozen fruit or vegetables – I always use a blender.
I already had a regular 600W machine that worked fine initially but after a couple of months it’s struggling badly – as others have mentioned in threads, the blades can get dulled pretty quickly and the motor sounds less than healthy so I decided to upgrade to something a little more industrial
After looking around a little I decided on the Tefal Ultrablend Cook BL962 as it can also work as a soup maker. The much more powerful motor and triple blade system really makes short work of anything I put in there and the jug capacity is big enough (just) to make 2 batches of Huel including extra ingredients and easily with powder/liquid alone. This is a big bonus and time saver for me. Using the preset for smoothies makes a super creamy mix.
There are a few downsides – it’s industrial in scale as well as performance and is not the stealthiest of machines. As it’s also a cooker, extra care has to be taken cleaning the heavy glass jug which cannot be immersed in water (there is a non-cooking model with a regular, larger, poly-carbonate jug (BL935)). Overall though, for anyone who struggles with the powdered drink because of its texture – this (or a similar spec machine) would be transformative.
- Mixes drinks as smooth as RTD – even with added ingredients
- Large capacity – can make two drinks at the same time
- Excellent build quality
- Can double up as a hot soup maker
- Presets for making your own Soy or Almond milk without the need for straining
- Auto clean function
- Easy to use
- Large and Loud!
- Heavy thermo-resistant glass jar has integrated cooking elements, so care is needed cleaning.
- The fast (45,000RPM) triple blades tend to warm up the liquid a little due to friction at high speeds.