Brand new Hueler from Barcelona

Hello from Catalonia.

After many years following “Soylent” and being unable to buy it in Europe, I discovered Huel and I felt I wanted to give it a try. I received my first package one week ago. (2 packages of v2.3 powder, classic vanilla and berry)

The first try was hard, (as I’ve never used this kind of drinks) but after a couple of days I started appreciating the Vanilla flavor and texture very much, (and absolutely hating the berry) I will try the new vanilla flavor in my next order.

My experience with Huel is quite good so far, with some caveats.

1. It is very difficult to mix the water and the powder manually and give it a smooth texture. It always remains some grain of powder and I don’t like it. That’s why I use an electric mixer. I would like to ask if this is fine for the powered since I have the feeling I am doing something bad. One curious thing that happens when I mix my Huel with the electric mixer is that I get some small “drops” of red “tint” inside my huel (Classic Vanilla v2.3). Looks like a drop of blood. Does anyone knows what it is?

2. If I drink Huel more than once per day I feel my mouth (the deep part of it) a bit irritated.

3. Yesterday I discovered that I get “dry” lips especially my upper lip that starts to crack. I supposed that is is happening because when I drink my huel using the official huel mixer, some huel remains in my lip and this caused it to brake it and it hurts a bit.

This last two points are annoying me quite a bit. I hope to get used to it and find a way to not get this “dry lip” as it hurts and is very annoying. If this keeps happening I won’t be able to use Huel anymore. Maybe drinking it with a straw? Does anyone else have this problem? I think Huel should be aware of it and maybe in future updates won’t provoke this irritations.

Thank you very much.

Greetings from Barcelona.

Hi @catalonia welcome to the forum

It helps if you refrigerate your Huel shake for a few hours after mixing. Overnight is even better. The addition of plant milks can make the shake thicker and smoother in texture. I tend to use 100ml Alpro Almond or Hazelnut, or Oatly Barista, with 350ml water to mix 100g Huel powder. I have also been using a stainless steel mixer ball in the Huel shaker bottle (without the ice guard). Works well for me.

I have never experienced mouth irritation or dry lips from drinking Huel, so can’t help you there I’m afraid.

You will find that Huel premix flavours are very subjective. Some Huelers love Berry flavour and some hate it. I quite like it but have to be in the mood.

Using Huel flavour boosts with Unflavoured and Unsweetened, Original and Vanilla works well for me. Good idea to try the samples first to see which you like. There are many other ways to flavour your Huel if you have a look around the forum. Use the search function, top right to navigate.

1 Like

Hi :wave:

I always use a NutriBullet to blend mine (£30 from eBay :wink:).

The red bits are good for you (Lycopene).

For flavours you could always try the U/U (unsweetened unflavoured) as a base mixture and add seasonal or frozen fruits :green_apple::apple::banana::strawberry::cherries::peach::mango::pineapple::coconut: or nuts :chestnut::peanuts::honey_pot::coffee: Honey, coffee. There’s quite a lot of possibilities.

2 Likes

Thanks. Was going to mention lycopene but promptly forgot :roll_eyes::grin:

1 Like