Brexit & Huel

As you look like you’re about to stab someone while wearing a clowns mask, one would say no.

2 Likes

How the heck are there 46 new comments in here about Brexit and not a single one is aggressive, offensive or a personal attack?

Are you guys…behaving?

…well.

Thanks for playing nicely.

6 Likes

My local Facebook group had several discussions about Brexit over the weekend. It is unbelievable what was in fact posted on it. Threats of physical violence to another poster’s children etc., and that wasn’t even the worst thing. Very nasty stuff indeed.

I’m just sitting here, eagerly awaiting @hunzas reply…

Gosh darn, you beat me to it. Morning, buddy :smiley:

1 Like

It was a sensible one for once.

Does not bode well. I sometimes (often) think that the best thing that could happen to this planet, i’s for humans to die out. I know it sounds incrediby negative, but we are a mere blip on the cosmological scale.

1 Like

No, it got really nasty, and the guy who said it is a psycho. Funny thing is he talks all peace and love but is a very nasty piece of work.

I agree with that. I think we are on the way.

They make me chuckle. It’s awesome to see some direct action happening. And London is great and all, but they don’t seem too bothered about the ancient woodlands that are currently being cleared to make way for HS2.

Seeing Cumberbatch support them was nice too, of course he was in London anyway after filming a new car advert but it’s probably a nice little economical put put…

…ah lol :wink:

1 Like

I am surprised we haven’t been nuked yet with all the shit going on in the world, a world war must be due with all these nut job selfish politicians who couldn’t arrange a piss up in a brewery.

Pretty amazed at the speakers’ decision today. Given the magnitude and the timescales involved surely common sense needed to prevail and not procedural correctness. Especially as there’s a good argument to say the original motion was never actually voted on. What a farce.

I’m not that surprised to be honest. Given the 110(?) pages of legislation were only made available to MPs on Saturday morning it would be a bit difficult to hold a “meaningful vote” on something most of them probably wouldn’t even have read.

I have the impression that Johnson is trying to push through the approval vote at high speed to avoid having to go through with the extension request. My understanding is that if he can get a meaningful vote approval through he can then rescind the letter he didn’t sign, asking for an extension he doesn’t want and we’d crash out on the 31st as he can then delay the legislation.

So in that sense Bercow is correct, the government put the motion forward on Saturday, the Letwin amendment which passed means there could be no meaningful vote until parliament had time to scrutinise and debate the legislation so nothing has changed since Saturday. The house still hasn’t properly scrutinised the legislation so no meaningful vote can be held.

Lots of politicians playing politics :wink:

At this point it seems like whichever side is better at scenario planning and risk assessment will get what they want. It’s not really about whether the deal is good, bad or indifferent anymore - more like Brexit chess and about who can think more moves ahead. :roll_eyes:

Edit: Changed the number of pages in the legislation as I had incorrectly put the number of pages of legal text sent to the EU.

1 Like

A bit like the original Brexit vote to the country then.

3 Likes

Mother Earth will take care of that one day.

Humanity doesn’t deserve the mercy of apocalypse.

I often see climate change activists holding a sign saying
“there’s no planet B”
Meaning let’s not mess up the planet it’s all we’ve got.
Have these people never heard of mars?
That’s were I’m retiring to :tropical_drink::sunglasses:

If you want :tropical_drink::sunglasses: you’d be better heading for Venus. Mars is cold AF.

Good idea, more women on that planet as well :wink:

1 Like

Slightly more on topic, I’m going to disagree that humanity is irredeemably shit just because a lot of humans are shit. There is hope, I see it, and I love you all.

I lost 2 lbs last week so I’m in a good mood.

10 Likes

We shouldn’t even have invoked Article 50 until we had a deal agreed. And if there was a sensible workable deal that would please enough people for it to go through, it would have been agreed by then, then the 2 years following Article 50 would have been our transition period and we would be out by now. But that didn’t happen because it’s an impossible situation. There doesn’t seem to be a solution to this that doesn’t seriously mess things up for someone. We’re already on our 3rd Prime Minister since this all started and he’s behaving like a lunatic. This is just going to go on and on.

1 Like