Cleaning Huel shaker

You’ve made a right mess of all that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep. As much mess as I’ve made of my kitchen

Wonder if a Steradent tablet would work? Use them occasionally to get the tannin stains out of the teapot :wink:

You could try the usual route of old wives’ tales if none of the above work:

Baking Soda

Rinse the empty container with cool water. Next, fill the container with warm water and add one tablespoon of baking soda. Snap on the lid, and let it sit overnight.

Lemon

Rub the inside of the container with lemon juice or a cut lemon since the citric acid is a powerful odour eliminator.

Vinegar

Fill container with vinegar and cold water and let it sit for three to five hours. Repeat the disinfecting process a couple times if necessary.

Charcoal

Place a piece of natural charcoal in the container, seal the lid and let the charcoal absorb the odour for a day or two.

Sunlight

UV radiation is naturally sterilising. Place the container outside in direct sunlight for a day to air them out. Assuming you have some Sun at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I often forget my used shakers in the gym bag or in the office for few days… especially with hot weather they smell horribly. I wash them in dishwasher (with fairy platinum) they loose any smell and are just perfect.