Digestive problems - anyone got a solution?

I’ve been having Huel for my weekday lunch for a couple of months now, and the first month was great - it’s helping my desired weight loss and now I’ve tried most of the flavours I’m happy with the range of tastes.

After a few weeks, however, I started to get quite bad constipation, to the point that I started taking tablets for it which have helped, but I was wondering if anyone might have had a similar issue with Huel and found a solution?

I’ve been using vanilla Huel (not the gluten-free version), I drink plenty of water, I go to the gym 3 times a week, I walk over a mile each way to work most days, so I don’t know what else to try? I was also having the bars for breakfast most days before I had the problem, so I don’t know if this might be the key factor? Unfortunately I’m not a massive fan of the bars so after I finished my first box of 16 I didn’t feel like opening my second! I know they do contain plenty of fibre, but I still have a decent diet without them.

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried including more fruit and vegetables in your diet?

When I was 100% Huel for the first 3 months I used to throw in the odd Apple (one a day). But to be honest I had the opposite problem until I started taking Turmeric which has completely balanced the old gut

1 Like

I haven’t tried that specifically but I’ll give it a go, thanks :slight_smile: