Disappointed with the taste and after taste of the sweetner in vanilla Huel

Ah, yes, I’ll bear that in mind, and try out different ratios.

I used two scoops to about 350ml of water this morning.

2 Likes

I think most people experiment a bit to get their ideal Huel meal…I know I did, and I still mix it up with other flavours as well. Good luck with it.

1 Like

I always put around 5 ice cubes in, 400-500ml water and then top up with almond milk. 3 scoops and use a hand blender - it is a lot less sweet and very tasty. They recommend colder the better and that is not an understatement!

I cant stand the sweet after taste of the vanilla flavour - it seems to last for an hour or more. I am much happier with unflavoured & unsweetened Huel but adding some Huel flavouring to taste. I have tried and liked banana and chocolate flavours so far but didnt like Mocha flavour.

Hi I’ve done exactly the same thing! Bought two packets of vanilla and can’t stand the taste of artificial sweetener. I’m going to try adding less scoops and maybe mix with frozen raspberries or something other sharp fruit just to try and cut the sweet flavour - at least a little. If anyone wants a free bag of vanilla flavour Huel - unopened - let me know!

2 Likes

I really don’t mind it, it was sweeter when I first ordered Huel, back in 1.2 days, it took me a while to get used to the less sweet versions, but I’m finally enjoying it again… So no idea what you’d want instead?

Trying adding someone coconut oil and peanut powder then huel coffee flavouring
Mix in a nutri bullet with one banana use coconut water for you base.

Flokit: sorry to hear about your first experience. I’ve just had my first Huel this morning. I chose the unflavoured and unsweetened version. I chose this because I did worry that flavourings do often spoil! The unflavoured and unsweetened is not exactly a gourmet experience but it is taste neutral, and no after taste.

I had the same experience on day 1, I hate the overly sweetened version of the vanilla!

But the unsweetened is too plain. I know it sounds crazy, but i make a blend of 1.5 scoops vanilla and 1.5 scoops plain with a little of the Matcha flavour boost (I don’t like the other flavour boosts) and this makes a pleasant drink.

Of course I sometimes experiment with fruit smoothies, peanut butter, coffee, almond milk, frozen spinach and so on …

1 Like

For me it was perseverance. I loathed the taste to begin with and held my nose when drinking it, but as the health benefits were the reason I went for huel and not the taste, I grinned and bore it. I got used to and then began to love the taste. A marked difference from my first while on huel and I’m not preparing it any differently.

1 Like

Matcha is one of the best! Banana too for me :drooling_face:

I bought two packages of vanilla flavour and I had to throw it away and go back to Queal. I just could not stand the taste. I tried mixing it with other stuff but I doesnt’ work for me. I was attracted by the good reviews and the more “natural” approach of Huel’s but its taste is def a no-go.

1 Like

The new vanilla is a bit on the sweet side for me but that’s what’s great about the “Original” vanilla flavour still being available. If you’re serious about getting optimal nutrition see if you can shift those bags you’ve got and get your hands on the Original flavour instead (or try the unflavoured and unsweetened and flavour it yourself)

Hi - sorry you didn’t like Huel. Did you buy Original vanilla or New Vanilla?

I guess it was old vanilla since I bought it like six months ago or so. With iced coffee tasted fine but fine wasn’t enough to replace real food. Thanks!

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question.

Will the “old” Vanilla flavour stay indefinitely?

I am by no means a fan of the new Vanilla, which tastes very artificial to me.
So I’d love to hear that the original Vanilla, which I love, is not being phased out in any way, as I will have to switch back to Queal if it does.

The plan is to continue to sell the Original, so long as the volume is maintained. If it is then there’s no reason we wouldn’t continue to make and sell Huel Original forever.

3 Likes

Great to hear! Thank you for the fast reply.

1 Like

That is great news Tim. Original Vanilla is our favourite.

i feel you, made the same mistake, i had it in the cupboard turns out just for a bit over a year, one of them is still closed but both expired, quite upset