Drinking the First Shake now!

So I got my first order of Huel last night! Figured I’d make my first drink this morning and test it out. 3 scoops (packed down) and about 550ml of water. I’m US based and use mostly imperial measurements so I didn’t have anything except the shaker to measure the water. I tossed it into the blender as I’ve never used a shaker cup before and would rather my first drink be well blended.

First sniff and taste were definitely odd, but not unmanageable. Since I wanted to try Huel for ease and cost, I don’t mind altering it a bit as I get used to it so I tossed in some frozen strawberries and blended that. A little better, though the texture still felt odd? Almost flakey? Added some chocolate syrup and went another round in the blender. Taste is okay, texture is something to get used to.

Can’t wait to experiment more with it!

1 Like

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

I would recommend blending with about 3 cubes. Also the flavour powders are great. Or try some Nesquik powder.

Try blending one and leaving over night in fridge too.

I have a tiny apartment fridge, so I rarely keep ice, it’s part of why I went with the frozen strawberries. Also in the US so the flavor packets aren’t available yet stateside.

Thinking about making the next one with milk later tonight/for the morning.

I’m a little sad I didn’t get the U/U because the peanut curry recipe I saw sounds delicious, but I don’t know how that would go with the Vanilla.

I made my first shake at about 7am, it’s almost 2 and I’m still slowly sipping on it.

Again, not bad, just still getting used to it

One way to change the texture is to mix the night before and let it sit in the fridge. It’ll be a totally different beast in the morning.

A good way to change the flavour is using flavdrops from Myprotein. They are really good, don’t have any calories or sugar in and are easy to use.

Nifty! I’ll definitely look into it. I’m not so focused on the weight loss aspect of Huel myself, though it is an added benefit. So long as I can make it taste good, I’m all set. This is more about time and money saving as I tend to rely on breakfast and lunch from a gas station near my work and I would like to stop spending so much money daily.

Drinking my 2nd shake now. Used Milk instead of water, added frozen strawberries and chocolate syrup, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours and the texture is DEFINITELY better than the first one. And it’s a lot thicker than the first one as well.

I’m glad I’m finding something that won’t take me 6 hours to drink and in the end couldn’t finish.

1 Like