Drunk on a huel diet

Binge drinking isn’t an Irish thing historically.

Are you sure? 3 units would be a pint and a half of low strength beer (source). It’d be unusual for that little alcohol to have such a profound effect on an adult.

Lol, I’m from Manchester. Unless you’re Irish I’m pretty sure I’ve got you beat :wink:

Yeah you’ve got me there. I didn’t mention alcoholism but I did wonder out loud about problematic drinking habits after reading “I will have a full meal otherwise the alcohol hits way too quick and you skip all the fun parts and just end up throwing up” because that’s not normal night out behaviour. That along with other comments you’ve made in the thread and the bizarre reaction to me mentioning hangovers as a negative aspect of drinking… your words just don’t present your drinking in a positive light. But you’re right… I don’t know you.

Well yeah that’s pretty normal behaviour, but most people know how different alcohols affect them and manage to choose their drinks and have a nice night without being a liability.

1 Like

Christ, like this stuff?

Huel is going to be an absolute revelation for your body.

1 Like

Scottish so got you and the irish beat, its normal up here. Yeah that tub of icing but chocolate fudge. My reactions have been pretty monotone so I dont know what tone you have been picking up on.

If you think the way I drink (which is once a month if even) is problematic then you wouldnt survive a night out in glasgow

Ah I don’t know… being the most drunk person in the room has never really been something I’ve aspired to so I’m pretty sure I’d be fine on a night out in most places :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve had a few nights out there that were fab, without having to prepare myself or concerns of getting fucked up.

2 Likes

Sometime in the future I can conduct an experiment comparing intoxication levels after eating a 500kcal burger vs having 500kcal of Huel. Like eating/drinking the meal, having 160ml of vodka right after and waiting 30 minutes. I will definitely not want to drink any more than that after Huel as the alcohol hits hard on an ‘empty stomach’.
This has to wait until my alcohol-free period is over as I’m trying to decrease my body fat percentage right now. Empty calories from alcohol would be counterproductive during that process.

The problem with Huel may be that it does not contain enough fat - higher fat intake slows down the absorption of alcohol…