Feeling dizzy right after drinking Huel

Hi!

I wanted to share my experience and try to figure out the cause of the issue.

I bought 2 bags of Huel Powder v3.0 Chocolate and Vanilla flavours. I’ve taken 1 meal 2 days ago and today again. Right after and even before finishing, I feel quite dizzy. I’ve used the right sizes and even today I took less than 2 scoops, but it was the same feeling.

I’m thin and usually have a Mediterranean diet with a variety of food.

I’ve read other people having the same issue and pointed it could be related with sucralose.

A couple of years ago I took Soylent and it went fine.

I’d like to hear the input from a nutritionist.

Thanks,
Francisco

Hey Francisco, welcome to Huel!

How long do you take to have your Huel? If you’re consuming it too quick that might be an issue.

Do you usually have your Huel on an empty stomach?

Hey Francisco, sorry to hear this. What else are you eating in the day? You aren’t only having 2 scoops of Huel are you?

We have plenty of products which have no sucralose in (Black Edition, Bars, Hot & Savoury), so it might be worth trying them to rule it out.

I take some minutes to drink Huel. However, I’ve also felt the issue while drinking without finishing up. I’ll try next time to take more time between drinks.

Regarding empty stomach, I’ve taken Huel for lunch just like any other day I have lunch.

Of course not, I’ve taken Huel for lunch and I usually have 4 meals per day.

Do you think it could be sucralose? I’ve also bought Huel Complete Protein and I haven’t felt any issues. I’ve seen it also contains sucralose but I guess it comes in much less quantity.

I don’t think it could be sucralose, many will point to sucralose as the source of an ailment because it’s less recognisable, but usually it is just something else. Have a try of some other things and let us know how you get along, really hope you can work it out with Huel :blush:

Any guess when you say something else?

Update:

After my last post I had one more try drinking slower and less quantity. It just got worse as I continued experiencing the issues even eating my usual daily food.

I went to the doctor and had a blood test which confirmed I was experiencing hypoglycemia. I never had similar issues before and I experienced the issues when I started to drink Huel. It points Huel caused me Hypoglycemia. I removed food with glucose like fruit, cereals and when I was fully recovered introduced them again. Thanks good I’m now fine but I’ve had a bad time even with arrhythmias when eating.

The symptoms I’ve experienced are similar to other people I’ve read in this forum.
Huel, this is unacceptable. Huel should not cause health issues like this and you should investigate the cause instead of avoiding the matter.

I can’t recommend Huel to anyone at this point in time.

Francisco

Hi @Fran125

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear you’re still having issues.

I’d like to try and help. I have a few queries:

1. When you had the blood tests, were they done after a fast? If so, for approx how long?

2. Are you happy to share the blood glucose result?

3. Do these episodes only occur after Huel? Have you ever experienced something similar after consuming other foods?

4. Do you regularly exercise or are you otherwise active?

5. Has your doctor provided any suggestions about how to manage this?

In order to investigate this for you, any info you can give me may help. Depending on your responses, I may have other questions.

If you feel some of this is personal, we can always discuss this via private message.

Thanks

3 Likes