Feeling really sick after having HUEL

Hi, I’m sorry if this has been discussed before I couldn’t find anything. Iv been feeling so sick after having the shake, along with having tummy issues. Has any one else experienced this ? I’m wondering if it will pass or if I should just call it quits. I have the Black addition vanilla and chocolate. I have it more for breakfast.

What are you experiencing? Something like this or this?

A bit of both to be honest. I get really nauseous and my stomach has been in pain. I didn’t go to the gym last two days as my stomach has been in so much pain. I also feel light headed and dizzy every once in a while and find I’m going to the loo a few times a day. This only started with I started using gel last week. I have used similar products but not had this experience before.

How much Huel do you consume every day?
The stomach pain you’re experiencing, could it be because of the higher fibre content of your new Huel diet?
The light head and feeling dizzy can be a consequence of lower sugar levels in your new diet, the brain uses a lot of sugars, and if you suddenly reduce the levels too much, this can happen.

I do the 2 scoops in the morning. Should I take it down to 1 scoop potentially? And maybe add in some fruits ?

I just call it squits.

3 Likes

Hey Wendy, welcome to the forum, but sorry you’re coming here with some stomach issues :frowning: hopefully it’s just temporary.

Are you just having 2 scoops for breakfast each day, that’s it? Usually when people have stomach trouble it’s because they’re having a lot all at once. Doesn’t sound like this is the case for you. Are you drinking the Huel particularly fast? Might be worth having it over the course of 30 mins, rather than having it all at once.

This would also be a good idea, perhaps you could have one scoop, then wait a few hours and have the other scoop until you get used to Huel?

Hi Tim,

Thanks I’ll try that and see how it goes.

I’m like that if I drink it quickly,but perfectly fine if have it slowly over 60-90 minutes

Good to know I took the day off from it yesterday and will try again today. I am really hesitant but will try again. Thanks for all the info

Did it really start just the moment when you introduced Huel to your diet? That means exact simultaneity?
Were there other changes that you made?
Was there something else that was different?

Have you done a COVID test, have you got your gallbladder checked, did you take NSAR like ibuprofen or aspirine?

I would recommend going to your GP and get some more diagnostics.
Even if it was simultaneous: Correlation does not automatically mean causation…

1 Like

After 2 months it got no better for me so I’ve also called it quits. I was a bit hesitant to begin with anyway as I’m not sold on this sort of diet vs proper food, but I needed a kick start to lose the weight! Been off it for a week now and feel a lot better for it, I guess it’s great for some people and not so great for others

Sorry to hear that Graeme :cry: hope you find something that works for you and your weight loss goals. Remember to be consistent and trust the process. No crash diets. Make changes to your lifestyle you can maintain forever not just a few weeks :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.