Errrm, Huel Poop

Having read this seemingly long standing thread I feel like one of the lucky ones! I guess I’ve always been a pretty regular one a day person. Since starting Huel (around 50-60%) though you could literally set your watch by my movements!
No issues with what is coming out either, my only issue is an impact on my time management as I’m having to hang around after for 2/3 flushes to clear up the crime scene.
Huel has been an absolute breath of fresh air with regards to my movements…well maybe not all the time!!!

I am day 6 of Huel. I have had a very poor diet for 2 years since my husband died. Lots of cakes and Biscuits, Ready meals and snacks .
So I started slowly with 1.5 scoops once a day , well actually I didn’t have a scoop so I weighed it. I mixed with Almond milk, a banana and some berries. I also added 3/4 the amount of fluid
I did this for 3 days and yes I noticed some wind and a slightly bloated stomach, but no explosive diarrhoea and my wind wasnt that smelly nor are my poos.
Anyway, yesterday and today I had a RTD. Today I have a very gurgley stomach and a bit more wind. I’m guessing this is because the RTD are full strength .

I dont intend to ever have more than one meal of powdered huel. I am using it to give me a nutritious evening meal instead of Microwave meals. The flatulence does worry me, because I may like to start a new relationship and that could be very off putting for someone.
I tried the granola today and I wont bother with this again. Wasnt anything to write home about, so I’ll stick to my weetabix when the granola is all gone.

I have just ordered today some probiotics which I shall take. I hope this may help the flatulence ?

I’ll keep you posted. But I do wonder whether the fact I have always added a banana and fruit to the Huel has helped with digestion ?? I have got 3 bags to use and I will assess whether I order more when I’m half way through my last bag . If the flatulence doesn’t improve I may look for another make ???

Ive been on huel a while now and have tried the start off with a one shake then increase the number and you wont need to go as frequent or have the sh!ts. Tbh ive come to the conclusion thats total bollox advice and off course the advice will be that its just your body guts getting used to it! Errrr no! Ive had other shakes and def not had the same issues with my guts. I certainly cant rely on having a shake before meetings with clients dont want to fart or shit myself! If something makes ur guts smell so bad and want to run to the loo frequently its telling you its not for you!

Some clients pay extra for that. You need a new job.

7 Likes

:joy: Oh @huelovesyababy that’s great! :joy:

1 Like

Guys. I’ve had crazy juice diets where basically it comes out your butt, I’ve had gassy high fiber diets and laxative experiences.

Huel poop is like STICKY TOILET every time. What a mess.

1 Like

That’s the t-shirt slogan they are looking for.

8 Likes

If I’m on a 100% Huel for a while, I get a nice firm Huel log. Whenever I vary my diet my guts have to readjust again.

And yesterday I was too lazy to shake, so I had five bowls of granola. For a few hours that evening I was the world’s largest producer of greenhouse gases. I’m sorry for dooming all of our children.

4 Likes

Interestingly when I am on 100% Huel I poop a lot less…I mean still every day cos I’m a regular sort of guy, but less logs that are perfectly formed and could probably win awards from the Bristol stool sample appreciation society.

2 Likes

Same here… Mine goes directly from the toilet to the river, no flush needed. Huel fibre for the win

1 Like

Has anyone had poop and fart problems, then stopped, and come back to Huel sucessfully?

If so, how did you reintroduce Huel into your diet?

I’m thinking one 100 g every other day to begin with, but not sure how long to stick to this for?

Do you use milk with the Granoloa?

I use oat milk.

1 Like

Thanks.

Poops not going so well.

Will try upping the water.

i have Crohn’s and when i started it had the opposite effect was like someone had poured concrete in my guts

but its settled down and is helping with my symptoms

1 Like

Good to hear :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been taking 100g of Huel once a day, so far no problems. Hopefully that continues when I’m taking 100g twice a day :crossed_fingers:

Have to be honest, tried Huel for 3 days, and haven’t had time/the chance to try it since.

Started with 3 scoops - replacing one meal (maybe big mistake?) - 8-12 hours later i’m piddling out my ring.
Tried another with 2 scoops - still piddling
Tried another with 2 scoops - still piddling.

After stopping Huel, I didn’t go for a week and then back to how I was previously. I do suffer with IBS, but thought that Huel may help those symptoms rather than hinder.

I will try again (1 scoop every day for a bit, and increase that way) soon and hopefully do not get a reoccurrence of this! It’s a shame when you’ve paid the money for all the hype and advertisment done as this being “healthy” but then causes issues :stuck_out_tongue:

I can assure you that this forum is full of stories from people who love this “healthy” product, it’s really not about hype or advertising for us

1 Like

I heard you got paid 27p to say that.