Errrm, Huel Poop

1 Like

Hey Dudes,
Iā€™ve been on Huel for about 4 months now.
The beginning gives you some funny advert side effects, tends to go better afterwards.
I think I added too much flavoring and gave me effects again - since too much sweetener can give you loose bowels.
Iā€™m now trying to just have it neat to see if my bowels go back to normalā€¦

1 Like

Few people here have tried it ā€™ neat ā€™ but found it a bit messy just trying to spoon the powder straight into your mouth. I am thinking of rolling a bit up and smoke it :thinking:
Got to smell nicer than cannabis, god help the people in Canada who donā€™t like the smell of cannabis.

Sorry, English is not my first language, so may have used the term wrongly :smiley:

Lol I am only joking with you I know what you meant. Your English is better than mine, good luck with your pooping :smiley::smiley:

I find having 60g granola for one of my meals, usually breakfast, suits me fine.

1 Like

Iā€™m still farting ā€˜as if something crawled up my arse and diedā€™ (Billy Connolly) a few weeks after cutting down on my Huel meals and no longer adding flax seeds to my daily fruit/veg juice. Admittedly I fart less, but the stench when I do is really really bad. My gran always told me that if you need to fart you should let it out as holding it in isnā€™t healthy, but I commute to work on the tube, and on a couple of occasionsā€¦ wellā€¦ you can imagine. I have just one 2 or 3 scoop u&u breakfast with a banana and tsp instant coffee blended in, and I really do enjoy it and it sets me up for the morning until lunchtime. I donā€™t want to stop using Huel altogether but I canā€™t think of another remedy. This is pretty much a plea to anybody who knows of a trick or an old wives tale of how to make my farts smellā€¦ shall we sayā€¦bearable? Thanking you in anticipation, Lol.

1 Like

I would suggest Charcoal tablets for one thing - you can buy them on Amazon if you canā€™t find them locally (Braggā€™s are the ones I have)ā€¦ The other, in case itā€™s the pea protein which is causing the flatulence, is Beano (which is from the US, but I have bought it via Amazon also). It seems expensive but you get 150 tablets in a bottle. I recommend both.

Who knew there was such a thing? :open_mouth:

So, everytime I have stopped huel and come back, Iā€™ve always known this is going to be an issue. It goes away after your gut gets used to the fibre.

I just take half the dose of immodium and a tumeric suppliment for the first couple of days and then on any day that my stomach feels ā€˜bubblyā€™ for the next week, After that my gut just sorts its self out.

If you do have trouble after more than a week or two, might be worth asking your GP about that!

How long does it take you to get used to it?

Iā€™ve tried for a few weeks and could never get past the farting stage.

My family were really disturbed by the smells I was producing. I was kicked out of the martial bed and my kids shunned me.

My mrs made me go and see the GP which wasnā€™t fun.

I had to do a stool sample but they said all was well.

When I stopped with the Huel that time, it took a few weeks and I was back to normal.

Have tried a few times since then when I a new recipe comes out. But not luck.

My diet isnā€™t too bad:

• porridge oats with water and chia seeds and a mixed seed medley for breakfast
  • rice, veg, quorn, coconut oil, and chilli sauce for lunch
  • steamed veg and fish for dinner
    but I do have a couple of wholemeal bread cheese sandwiches throughout the day.

Also, if I donā€™t have a glass of water with about 3 to 4 teaspoons of chia seeds in each day, I bung up pretty quick.

I really want to try Huel again as I love the convenience but itā€™s so dispriting when it starts to go wrong downstairs.

I went about 2 times a week (sometimes less) before Huel. A week and a bit into Huel Iā€™m going nearly everyday, the horrible gas stopped within a few days but going to the loo is still an affair that requires not breathing.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m going everyday, but the consistency is horrible. Iā€™m only going at home, so I can shower right after instead of finishing off a whole loo roll. I just wonder if there is anything I could add to my diet to just ā€˜firmā€™ it up a bit.

Make sure youā€™re drinking lots of water, Iā€™ve found dehydration can make a noticeable difference

1 Like

Just had to get political? Idiot.

@Jeff_S
You woke an old thread, to call someone who hasnā€™t been on the forum for 3 years, an idiot?
Iā€™m guessing you were trying to be funny (trump=political reference ??) but I just had to scroll back through 3 years worth of posts to figure out what you were referring toā€¦
I didnā€™t laughā€¦ :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

So Iā€™m new to Huelā€¦ Three days in following three scoops for breakieā€¦ Forth day today I woke up feeling sick and then suddenlyā€¦ All hell broke loose downstairs. Itā€™s almost as if I donā€™t need my front partā€¦

Have I gone to hard or does my body just need this rediculious clean out. Iā€™ve only ever had this once when I had immodiumā€¦

Canā€™t carry on being a mobile soda streamā€¦

A little surprising if you only do 3 scoops / day, but certainly not unexpected. I wouldnā€™t be worried just now, for most it goes away over time.

One thing you might want to watch out for is falsely accusing Huel, not because weā€™re Huel Fanboys, but because you might stop yourself from finding the true cause. Me for example I used to mix soy milk with Huel, but it turned out Soy causes me irritation. I still get the occasional ā€œWind of Deathā€, especially when consuming more Huel than usual, but in general itā€™s a lot more quiet than it used to be. Most others have a better experience than me though I think, so yea, donā€™t give up just yet. Maybe pause a day if itā€™s really getting in the way.

4 Likes

I just sat down and felt a fart :dash: it wasnā€™t a fart :dash: my gosh lucky I was at home just now I know not to fart at all anymore at all which is not going to be easy.

4 Likes

Sounds like your first experience of a shartā€¦
Welcome to the club!:joy: