EU Techical error when using PayPal (solved)

I ordered 8 bags last night and was supposed to pay 774 PLN. Little did I know 3.477,40 PLN was missing from my account. At first I thought it was a shady business practice by Huel - collecting payment for few subscription months in advance without explicitly informing the customer isn’t exactly unheard of, but then I checked paypal and found out I was billed 774 EUR.

I believe this is a simple error and there is no ill will on Huel’s side here.

However, 3.5k PLN is a lot of money. I want the excess money back in 13 days or I will be cancelling my purchase - according to EU law I have a right to cancel any internet purchase within 14 days with no reason necessary. I will excercise that right unless I get my money back within 13 days.

And to be completely clear - I’m not interested in credit on Huel website, I want the money. The order number is #2972-PL

@robber If you won’t get your money back within 14 days, cancel the purchase. There is no point in getting angry at their customer service team, they’re just doing their job.

1 Like

Well done Detective @ChristinaT :policewoman: :+1:

1 Like

@aneq I wouldn’t worry - they have accidentally taken too much from your bank account / card so legally they have to refund back to the original payment source i.e. PayPal. They aren’t allowed to give you store credit. They wouldn’t anyway.

What a disaster though :scream:
Someone’s gonna have a headache Monday morning sorting this mess out - you won’t be the only two to have been over-charged.

3 Likes

This is a pretty bad mistake. Taking 700 quid out of someones account can have really fucked up consequences for a lot of people

Honestly, this still couldve been worse. Like I mentioned before, my first thought was the shady business practice of collecting few months of subscription fees in advance. I just hope nobody will have to try to convince their landlord to accept rent payments in Huel bags

3 Likes

:laughing::joy::rofl::joy::laughing:

1 Like

Uh this is weird. PayPal seems to be available for me too now. I asked customer service specifically if there was a temporary issue or if it wasn’t available for EU at all ever… and they confirmed the latter. WEIRD. But good.

@ChrisH0402 Guess we can start a subscription now? :’)

1 Like

I know that for single purchase it was possible, as that is how I did it before.
Will try for subscription by the end of the coming week :sunglasses:
We’ll know for sure soon enough :rofl:

I just tried it and it works. Didn’t finalize the subscription because I’m poor until tomorrow but the option is right there where it wasn’t before, whooo.

Good, being poor is the reason I’ll wait untill the end of the week aswell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would avoid using it until tomorrow when Tim has got back to us and the IT team have fixed the error. Sorry anyone who was affected already

Hey @robber, I’ve had a read through all of this and passed on all the information to the team. We’ll be sure to get to the bottom of this don’t worry.

To clarify, you have dropped the customer service team an email? That way we can link up all your account information easily.

Sorry for all the inconvenience, we’ll sort it out.

Update: PayPal option has been removed from affected sites whilst we work out the problem.

Update #2: Problem identified and a list of all customers affected pulled. We have now refunded everyone and given them their order free of charge as an apology.

8 Likes

I can confirm I received the money back at my PayPal, as well as an e-mail with an apology stating my order can be considered on the house.

This is how customer service should be done. Everyone else, watch and learn

7 Likes

Yeah, problem solved! PayPal confirmed the refund and I’m just waiting for the return transfer :slight_smile: And thank you for a recompensation!

And I can also confirm that the above issue with different prices is solved (well, almost, there’s still a difference of 0.01PLN, but… nevermind :wink:

And I’ve just asked the support what should I do with my current subscription to avoid problems with the next order. I guess the easiest and safest way is to just cancel it and re-open with another payment method, but for now I’m waiting for the confirmation. I think it would be valuable for other clients to also have the answer for that question posted here.

@aneq 774 PLN saved - you just hit the jackpot :money_mouth_face: @Tim_Huel I’m so curious what was the highest payment affected by the issue? :smiley:

5 Likes

Are you aware that your topic subject was extremely aggressive. Spreading false accusations like you did (Huel STOLE my money) is not pleasing. Errors and mistakes happen. Next time something like this happens online or IRL, just talk with people first.

2 Likes

As for the above mentioned reason, I’d suggest not replying (closing) this thread as it will be bumped up.
Case is solved on good terms. :relaxed:

That can easily be fixed my friends. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yours was funnier :wink:

1 Like

I feel all warm and fuzzy that you caught mine before it was replaced :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Standard woman mate… has to have the last word :smirk:

2 Likes