FatboySlim

Bit late as usual,

Monday weigh in was 109kg
Loss of 0.7kg from the previous Monday
Total loss so far 5kg in 7 weeks
Average rate of loss per week, 0.7kg

So still fairly consistant but I haven’t been pushing myself much as work is a nightmare at the moment.
Plenty of walking planned for the weekend as I’m off to the ideal home show.
Next week from Tuesday I’m off for the week (I am never really not working, but just won’t be in London for a week)
So hopefully a week in Wales will allow me to stretch my legs and spend some quality time with the family.

Only one 100g shake today as we going to go have a pub lunch in the sun while it lasts!

Hope you keep getting the results Nimz =]

1 Like

Well I’ve had a week off work and in need of some serious Huel and motivation. It starts again tomorrow… how have you done this weekend Nimz??

Bit of an oddity this week, weighed in this morning at 110.5kg…! 1.5kg heavier than last week.

I did enjoy my weekend but by no means did I go all out crazy with food and drink, plus yesterday I banked over 12k steps at the ideal home show.

Maybe I’m holding water? I imagine there is bucket somewhere in my body full of it lol!

Last day at work today before taking some time off so hopefully things will even out towards the end of the week.

Just wondering if I should take my Huel with me to Wales or not, the reason being my Monster in law, traditional Indian woman who is in great shape, will firstly see my Huel as some version of extreme dieting…secondly knowing that I am doing something to lose weight will then shove meals infront of me and barage me with unwanted advice.
There is no reasoning with such people, doesn’t matter if I explain that it is nutrionally complete I will just be open to her nusiance until the second I leave.
Ordinarily whevever we drive up there I always get some comments about my weight from her, but this time taking my son there for the first time and having to deal with him and her…I think it would be inviting added stress which could otherwise be avoidable.
My wife says just take it with you and ignore her…but then I’m sure my wife won’t be saying that when her Mum turns on her about post preganancy weight loss!
I guess there is only one way to find out and that is to take my Huel and my flipping Huel T-shirt and when I am asked a question provide her with a print out of the nutritional content!! lol

Either way one thing for sure on this trip to Wales will be that I won’t be sat in Father in law’s pub all week and I won’t be eating pizza chicken kebabs and the like at 3am like we would have done before our little one came along.

Roll with punches, bite the bullet, suck it up and get on with it I guess…I am sure next weeks updates will be entertaining!

Anyway goals for this week is enjoy time off with my Mrs and my Son, enjoy some fresh air in Wales, get a mental break from work and make sure I get back under 110kg by emptying that big bucket of imaginary water in my body and/or melting that massive imaginary block of butter in my gut!

2 Likes

Stick with it. Time to be a bit selfish I think and you’ve got to break a few eggs to make an omelette!

Back from a surprisingly sunny Wales!
Had a great time and weighed in today at 110.7kg so I gained 0.2kg…
Didn’t take my Huel with me in the end and by day three I got fed up of constantly eating!
Looking forward to pressing the reset button this week and getting back on track.

Hows it going Buddy? Still Hueling?

I fell off the wagon, but back on it now.

Just popped in to update my thread to get going again.

Hey ditto!
I started back for a few days after my break and my throat got irritated and I basically was irritated too I guess, plus so many family / social events in late April / early May I just made excuses to start again the following week!

I’ve been back on Huel since Tuesday this week and I weighed in today at 109.8kg
So all in all I didn’t do too bad while I was eating regular food I more or less maintained my weight within 1kg.
Happy that I’m under the 110kg mark again determined to get back to 0.8kg average loss per week.

Good to see you’re back too…what’s life without the vices eh? Cheers

1 Like

My first post back after my Huel-a-day was a little short.
So I started back on Tuesday this week with 250g of Huel, table spoon (recommended serving) chia seeds, and one frozen fruit smoothie pack as per previous post (Costco).
All of which equates to 1150 calories.
I spilt this into two bottles and drink from morning until mid afternoon.
Dinner this week has been home cooked Indian veg curries.

Approx 2000 calories is a 500 defecit for me not taking into account body fat %.
So this leaves me with around 850 calories for dinner.

I am aiming to go 100% Huel for the umpteenth time next week, this time I will start off on 500g = 2000 calories plus my extra bits.
Will see how I go hunger wise and then cut back from there, if I start with too little I am more likely to throw in the towel.
Aiming to do 100% for Mon - Fri and then 1000 cals on sat, and no Huel or one 500g on sunday.

I don’t see my activity level rising any time soon as work is still hetic, little one still keeps us up sometimes and I am still trying to finish my house so I can finally move in!

Therefore I think I will cut back after next week to around 1800 - 1900 cals per day and see how that goes.

Wish me luck! next target is 105kg, aiming to hit this by Mon 26th June which I think is fairly realistic the only thing that can stop me is myself!! If you ever meet that guy well he is pretty convincing when it comes to 2nd helpings or tempting my thirst with a pint!.

1 Like

Full disclosure the Mrs signed my permission slip Friday night so I was out until 2am! first time i’ve gone to bed after 10pm since the little came along.
I reckon I pretty much drank back all the calories which I cut during the weeks deficit.
Saturday I was working half day and left the car at home, so I did a decent amount of walking as I figured I should pay for my sins!
Sunday I worked half day also but no walking.
This morning I tipped the scales at 111.7kg…Im hoping that its mostly water otherwise I have gained 2kg from Thursday to Sunday !!! (unlikely)

I did my calculations again for my calorie deficit and realised I shouldn’t really consume more than 1900 a day to get back to 0.8 / 1kg loss per week.
Therefore I made up 3 shakes this morning using 400g Huel, one smoothie kit, and tablespoon Chia seeds, adding up to approx 1850 calories.
Will see how I get on today, I have already finished one shake which means I have only one more to last me until I get home.
Hopefully by midweek the weekend water will have gone and hoping to end the week below 109.8kg.

Day 1 of 100% Huel went well.
Day 2 is going ok so far, on my second bottle of the day, was in a rush this morning so didn’t weigh in, will do tomorrow morning.

Day 3 100% Huel
Yesterday went well, I was hungry by the time I got home but my final shake satisfied my hunger.
I have been drinking at least 2 litres of water a day since starting 100% Huel which is something I should be doing anyway, therefore lots of pee pee breaks!

Woke up this morning feeling super famished!, slept better last night compared to the last few weeks.
I weighed in at 110.5kg, which is 1.2kg lighter than Monday morning, guessing that is mostly water but happy to see the numbers going down again.

Myfitnesspal progress graph looks like a forex chart! lol I am hoping that the chart breaks support and plummets!
This bank holiday weekend will be ultra busy with 3 events at wembley the restuarant will be non stop, my goal is to stay strong and also to avoid having a drink after my shift.

Saturday being a late kick off 5:30pm I will aim to have 250g of Huel before I leave for work (1000 calories) Then I will have a bit of curry and rice once the game is on before the fans come back for round 2.

If that works well for Saturday then I will repeat for Sunday and have light dinner at home.

Monday I will go back to 100% Huel, I will be pretty active at work on the weekend on my feet running around for around 5 hours at a time so I will need to make sure I don’t run out of steam!

Hoping Friday’s weigh in puts me in @ 110kg.

Total loss since starting to present 3.5kg
Lowest weight reached during this time 109kg (5kg loss) - This is the target to beat without the yo yo effect this time hopefully!
Myfitnesspal reckons If i stick with the calories I am consuming now that I will weigh 106kg in 5 weeks, which is a nice slow and steady rate of loss.

The weekend went well, I didn’t end up having any Huel over the bank holiday break.
Saturday was a manic day at work, I havent sweat that much in a long time! Was like a 12 hour gym session!
Although I ate food I ate in moderation, and some how I still weighed in this morning at 111.0 kg! : (
0.7kg less than the previous Monday, however during the course of the week last week the lowest reading I got was 109.5kg.
So I am assuming because I ate from Saturday to Monday, that I am probably again holding some water?
Will have to see what I weigh around thursday…need to make sure I actually calculate weekend calories rather than assume I have eaten within my calorie goal.

This morning I weighed in at 108.9kg! I won’t start celebrating just yet, but atleast my theory was correct about holding water.
Had some crazy stomach cramps in the middle of the night…needless to say I had a few hours of unjoyable throne time basically saw the night turn to day therefore decided to give the huel a miss today and ease back in from tomorrow.
I miss calculated my 100% Huel days, rather than 1850 it works out closer to 1753 cals which was satisfying enough during the week.
Going to change the game plan a bit to avoid having an upset tummy.
Monday - 1153cals of Huel, light dinner
Tue - Fri - 1753cals of Huel
Sat - 1153cals of Huel, light dinner
Sun - No Huel as I am typically not working on Sundays.

Anyway pleased with today’s weigh in, that puts me back at total 5kg loss.

1 Like

Hi I am about to start on Huel and am doing so to lose weight, although I know it’s not a diet product. I have put my hight and weight into the calculator converter and its saying to lose 2lb a week to consume 800/900 calories a day. I believe in on scoop of Huel there are around 400ish calories? Which means that I can only have 2 shakes a day? Will this be realistic?

Hi Ant, 8/900 cal Intake is doable, but very extreme. 1200 is more sustainable. You might be better off aiming for 1lb a week to start with and ease yourself down from there.

Thanks, good advice I’m in no rush so that’s what I’ll do.
All the best
Anthony

Are we still Huelin’ bud?

Hey sorry guys been uber busy at work! Yup still hueling about to weigh soon.

@Antj30 sorry didn’t see your post earlier, @Adam_Ososki thanks for replying. I agree 800/900 sounds a bit low. One scoop is supposed to be around 35g so it’s 140 cals not 400 cals. AntJ it would be a good idea to weigh out using scales. Ease in slow and soon enough you will know how much satisfies your hunger.
1000 cals of food is very different to 1000 cals of Huel

1 Like

Weighed in at 109.4kg today…so basically the same as last month although inbetween the last 4 weeks I have dropped down to as low as 108kg.

Bad habits, no excuses, intermittent calorie control (i.e. eating what I want when I want lol)

This week i’ve ditched the booze so far so good, the hot weather just makes me want to sit in the sun and drink beer!

Had two shakes yesterday with a balanced dinner, today until Friday at least im going 100% @ 1753 cals, dropping back to two shakes on Saturday and I may even do this again on Sunday to give myself the push that I need.

Happy Hueling