First time trying Huel, Bit of an Interesting Taste

Tried Huel for the first time today! Bit of an interesting taste to it. I got the old version as expected but since I’m blending it there was no lumps. I wanted to ask, does anyone else think it has a weird chemical aftertaste?

Its like you take a sip and it starts out oaty with a trace of the vanilla flavour and then this taste which I can only describe as “the taste one gets when one crushes up a Panadol tablet and drinks it with water” occurs.

What are some of the ways I can mask this? I was thinking of mixing it with milk and adding a banana to hide it but if anyone has any other suggestions, I’m all ears.

Cheers,
Marc

I have personally never had any bad or odd after taste but if you’re struggling with the flavor I would suggest Flavdrops https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/flavdrops/10530471.html

they don’t add anything but flavour,(zero calorie etc)

There is definately an initial shock in terms of taste probably because it’s unlike anything else you’ve ever eaten but I have to say after a while it does get quite addictive.

Flavdrops are good as is coffee but for me a 50/50 mix with unflavoured is the winner.

1 Like

Making your own ratio of vanilla with unflavoured Huel is a good way to go. Leaving it in the fridge for 3+ hours also makes it smoother which may help.

There are quite a few threads including the sticky for flavour ideas.