First timer

Had my first Huel today! I’m still figuring out portions (the insert in the box seems to have different numbers that the scroll box here) but I found my two scoops of chocolate a very filling and satisfying dinner.

One weird thing–I have GERD from dysmotility–basically my peristalsis needs jumpstarted with pills. I figured I could skip the pills since this was a liquid–oh no. About ten minutes after I ate I felt stuffed, like I’d eaten pasta. Not a bad thing, but I have to be mindful that the fiber in this does not kid around.

Looking forward to eating lean and conveniently.

congratulations on your first Huel! In my experience it can actually make you feel quite full, especially if you neck it (as I am wont to do on busy mornings!) I personally find I’m not getting that feeling with Black though, even when I drink it fast

2 Likes

Interesting. I haven’t decided whether that’s a feature or a bug.
I just found my bottle of orange oil tea flavoring. I wonder how it would work with Huel…

possibly, give it a go!

Haven’t tried the orange oil yet, but I’ll let you know when I do.
Here’s the weird thing today–I’ve been craving salt. Not a surprise, since I drink a ton of water. I had popcorn with my lunchtime Huel for the salt and the fiber. Dinner I’m feeling snackish, so I bought yogurt and my favorite food vice, barbecue Cheetos. Normally those things are totally addictive. Tonight they’re meh. Couldn’t even finish the bag.
This is completely weird to me.

2 Likes

That’s a sign of your body adjusting positively to not having sugar and salt additives in your body I think. I mean it can only be a good thing that you don’t want to finish the bag, more to save for later!

1 Like

You will find that your body adjusts, and then reacts to things differently.

I used to be a bit of a chocolate fiend, but I’d given it up for the best part of a month, along with a lot of other sugar in my diet. I had a chocolate bar today and felt absolutely wired afterwards. I think my body has just got used to not having such an intense sugar hit.

1 Like

I find myself rather gassy lately. Going to indulge some old favorite foods today and rejoin Huel tomorrow or Monday.

This is the time to start visiting places you left on bad terms with, go in, be the bigger man, be civil, be understanding, then leave, having left behind some huel farts as a bit of tasty smelling vengeance.

3 Likes

Alas, the gas is stuffed up somewhere under my ribs where the only person it discomforts is me.

1 Like

Ah, in that case you need a good burping, i find random strangers in the local library are more than happy to assist :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Welcome to the team Barbara! Great to have you here. When are you using Huel?

Huel has 7g of fibre per 100g serving so don’t worry you’re not missing out on fibre :raised_hands:

Thanks, I will update the sticky thread!

1 Like

Tried the strawberry flavor booster and was completely underwhelmed. One packet for 600G? It barely made a dent in 400g. Lovely smell, persistent but pleasant aftertaste, but it just doesn’t cut through chocolate Huel. Right now I’m having banana Jetty (similar to Nesquik) in my Huel and even that isn’t doing much.
Sadly the local store has no instant miso soup. I’m looking forward to trying that, to see if salt cuts through the thick better than sweet/tart do.

You can consume Huel if you have GERD. To reduce any potential symptoms we suggest to:

• Blend Huel well with plenty of water in a blender rather than using the shaker.
  • Sip Huel rather than rushing - 2 scoops should take half an hour to consume.
  • Do not consume hot beverages around the same time as you consume Huel

As in, you much prefer Chocolate Huel to Strawberry Flavour Boost, or that Strawberry FB when added to Choc Huel doesn’t cut through?

1 Like

You can consume Huel if you have GERD. To reduce any potential symptoms we suggest to:

Blend Huel well with plenty of water in a blender rather than using the shaker.
Sip Huel rather than rushing - 2 scoops should take half an hour to consume.
Do not consume hot beverages around the same time as you consume Huel

More water has helped, as well as making sure to take a walk afterwards.

As in, you much prefer Chocolate Huel to Strawberry Flavour Boost, or that Strawberry FB when added to Choc Huel doesn’t cut through?

The latter. I ordered Choc and Vanilla but I’ve only opened the Chocolate so far. To keep powder from getting everywhere I’ve transferred it to an old protein powder tub, but I only have one of those at the moment.

Yeah the flavour boosts work well with Vanilla/Original/Unflavoured Huel, but you’re going to struggle to add competing flavours to the other premixed Huel flavours.

Losing the desire to snack on chocolate and crisps is a blessing that you should treasure. Unfortunately after nearly four years of Hueling I have found room in my life for those things again :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Used strawberry Jetty (similar to Nesquik) in today’s Chocolate Huel and that worked quite well in putting up some flavor.

Ryan wind your neck in mate. This isn’t acceptable.

4 Likes

savagery by @Tim_Huel

3 Likes

First time trying vanilla. Wow! Not plain at all but a cupcake frosting flavor with a pleasantly tart aftertaste. I don’t think I’ll need to boost this flavor at all. Will have to measure it carefully because either my mind is playing tricks on me, or I shook it up exceptionally well. Either that or it weighs half of what chocolate does for the same volume. Didn’t feel that way. The stuff was lumpier than chocolate and more filling.

1 Like