Hi Everyone, just wanted to share my experience with yous and find out if anyone else has had a similar situation as me, so here it is…
2 weeks ago i was in hospital due to esophagitis (swallowing problems) which is still on-going. I was told by the doctors that i still won’t be able to swallow any solid food for a least another month until i get more surgery…if it works! Due being allergic to Milk, Gluten and Soya. I was told by the dietitian they could only provide me with Callogen. At this point i knew i was going to struggle because i couldn’t just go to a shop like Tesco and pick up a protein shake due to most of them containing ingredients that i am allergic to (Soya protein, milk, wheat.) however as i was scrolling on Facebook in hospital i came across a Huel ad promoting there shakes and decided to click on it and instantly said to myself 'Eureka! everything ticked the right boxes about this product…nothing in it that i am allergic to and also super healthy! and a coincidence that i happen to come across this product while being in hospital. For the next couple of days i did some research before making the decision to buy 1 mint chocolate and 1 chocolate gluten free packs!
The next day i received my order and was surprised how quick it was delivered considering i live in the highlands! Opened my order straight away because i was excited to try my first shake! Inside the box i also got a Free Huel T-Shirt which was cool and a great fit! and a free handbook all for just £35!! Brilliant deal.
So i made my first shake and got an instant tingle in my throat but i didn’t think anything of it as i wasn’t aware i was allergic to any of the ingredients. After about 10 minutes later i noticed an increase of heart rate and felt energized however i started to become dizzy and felt sick then started to panic and become breathless so i stopped drinking it immediately. This is something i have never felt ever before and just thought that it was probably my body reacting to so much vitamins and my body will take a few days to get used to it.
The next day at work in the morning i made myself another shake but this time did not get any itchyness in my throat but this time i got massive sharp pain through my chest and again my heart started racing. That whole day at work i felt so breathless, dizzy and kept getting sharp pains in my chest so when i finished work i went straight to my doctors and explained what was happening. The doctor did the usual routine check, heart rate and blood pressure…everything was fine. He told me to not drink the shake again and see how i feel and if i experience anymore chest pain to go back. The next day i gave my shakes away to work mate as i was scared to drink that shakes again. That day i still kept getting chest pain so i went back to doctors and they did an ECG on my heart…everything was fine… a different doctors suggested that the shakes were causing a reaction to my medication (omeprazole) which is for my esophagitis condition to which was causing pain in my chest.
Just thought i would share my experience incase others are generally unwell with the same symptoms …
Thanks for reading.