Flavour pouches - Disappointed :(

So, let me start by saying I’m literally the biggest Huel fan on the planet. I’ve used it for 6 months now and have nothing but compliments for the product and you guys…

However, one issue I’ve consistently had is with the Huel flavour pouches :frowning: I’ve had 3 now, chocolate, strawberry and banana. Obviously these things last ages, especially if you like multiples flavours to choose from. My banana one lies at work, where it gets used once a day on a lunch time. The powder is extremely fine and mixes well, it also tastes heavenly!

However, the strawberry and chocolate ones have disappointed me massively. While they taste amazing and really work with such a little amount, the pouches they’re in are way too weak. The seal on either side of the pouch has broken on BOTH of them now, which means the powder inside has been exposed to moist air and has crystalised. The way it’s broken is that the “rail” on one side of the bag has pulled away from the actual pouch, hence gotten stuck in the the other rail as a “ziplock”.

This has happened to both of these pouches, which just so happen to be my most regularly used. I’ve had to throw away both pouches now which come in at a hefty £7.50 each :frowning: So £15 wasted!

I know it’s something that can likely be blamed on me, but is there any way you guys can look at stronger seals on the mini pouches? The actual Huel bag pouches work great, super strong and quick to seal…

I’ve not had bad pouches but I’ve found in general the pouches are a bit fiddly. I empty my flavours into plastic containers with screw on lids.

That sounds like a better idea… Wish I’d thought of that :frowning: Can’t quite afford the £15 to replace them so will have to wait for payday haha!

The way it’s broken is that the “rail” on one side of the bag has pulled away from the actual pouch, hence gotten stuck in the the other rail as a “ziplock”.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, so I put mine into an 80’s tupperware container :smiley:

Low tech here: I fold the top over twice and use a couple of clothes pegs to seal

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. This is one reason I want pre-flavoured Huel packets. No fuss, almost no downside.

1 Like

Similar to what I do…

Might have to start doing this, or using small containers. Kind of a shame. I like the flexibility flavour pouches offer over buying whole bags of flavoured Huel!

New toffee pouch came today… Straight out the packet into a airtight tuppaware. Hopefully goes better this time… Tastes freaking amazing!

2 Likes