Glue in huel bars

I have noticed there may be an issue with the Huel Bars in that the packaging sometimes makes a strip of glue stick to the bar itself. This is rather off putting (maybe unhealthy?). When this happens I tend to cut around the offending strip, since eg rubbing it only seemed to get so much off.

I don’t know exactly the conditions underwhich this happens.
Certainly it seemed that a box left in shelves above a radiator had a very high percentage of bars with this problem. It seems like this is not as severe as an issue with bars not exposed to this mild heat though not entirely abated.

Anyhow, it seems this happens in the first place because the glue is not in between two package layers, but nakedly exposed to the bar itself, surely there is a better way to do design this(?)

Is the glue you use “food safe” (or whatever relevant category here) Is it safe to consume in small amounts?

Somewhat surprised no one has spoken of this before (from a very quick search).

Hi there! Thanks for posting a great question :slightly_smiling_face:

I am sorry to hear about your experience, and I have run your situation past our technical team to get you the insights you’re looking for.

As it stands, we do not use glue in the packaging of our bars as they are cold-sealed; the strip that you are referring to is an indentation as the result of the sealing process and does not affect the quality or safety of the product. This has been confirmed by our bar manufacturer.

To assure you further, we have not had a glue complaint since the initial launch of our bars. We would also recommend storing your bars in a cool, dry condition.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding the above :pray:

[quote=“Dom_Huel, post:2, topic:24367”] We would also recommend storing your bars in a cool, dry condition.
[/quote]

Yes, I don’t know anyone apart fro OP who would store their food above a warm radiator.

Is there any chance of getting some delicious glue added to the new Mac & Cheeze?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.