Hello and Happy New Year!

:sparkles: Hey Hueligans! It’s 2024! :sparkles:

A very Happy New Year to you all! I’m Amy, one of the (relatively) new faces in the Huel nutrition team. I’m a Registered Associate Nutritionist with the AfN, and I’m thoroughly looking forward to chatting all things nutrition here in the forum. :nerd_face:

Anyone set their goals for the new year yet? I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a very good feeling about 2024. Buzzing for what’s to come! Some very exciting developments cooking up in the Huel kitchen…stay tuned :eyes:

Please do give me a shout if you have any nutrition Qs. I’m on hand to help! :black_heart:

6 Likes

Welcome! :tada:
Yes, at Huel we like to keep things simple so Amy with a Y will be here sharing her expertise for all your nutrition queries and Amie with an IE be here for the miscellaneous/CX stuff. :pray:
:green_heart: Thrilled to have you here Amy!!! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Two Amys/Amies are better than one! :women_with_bunny_ears:

2 Likes

I think the forum will decide that! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Amy, I wonder if you can help me. I love Huel for flavour and nutrition profile. However, I’m just learning about ultra processed foods and their impact on our health. Can you help me reconcile my desire for great nutritional balance with Huel with my desire for avoidance of UPFs if they are bad for me?
Thanks

There are some replies from Huel staff in this thread.

1 Like

This might be of interest, from just a couple days ago (& from another Amy/Amie?!):
Beware the mix of food and fear – the truth about ultra-processed foods is still emerging | Amelia Tait | The Guardian

1 Like

Thanks that helps

Hey! I completely echo David’s comment here - that thread on UPFs features posts from other members of the nutrition team, including our Head of Nutrition James Collier, that should help to clarify our stance and put your mind at ease. More than happy to chat through any further questions off the back of this :blush:

Happy New Year everyone :partying_face:

3 Likes

What reservations do you have for food processing? Processing of foods has some great benefits, which include but are not limited to increased food safety, shelf life, preservation of nutrients, and convenience. Furthermore, some methods of physical processing such as grinding can also help with the release of nutrients. For example, grinding or soaking flaxseed breaks them down so that the body can digest the omega-3 fatty acids. To give you reassurance, Huel does not contain any trans fats, monosodium glutamate (MSG), artificial preservatives, or any other ingredients that give processed food bad press.
The media has tarnished all UPF’s with a negative generalization which is simply not applicable to every example.
Check out this link for more information :point_right: Food Processing & Good Nutrition – Huel