Hot and Savoury dissapointment

Yeah Mexican chilli definately me favourite…and to stretch it I mix it with tomato and herb

1 Like

Now that’s a great idea! I find it difficult to shake those bags well
Huel should add this to the instructions :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just noticed the ingredients of the NEW flavour Mac and Cheeze H&S do NOT include whole linseeds!

Why did no one notify me of this change? I am thinking of ordering a full three bag subscription (hoping I will like it)! :clown_face:

3 Likes

I’m rather late to the party on this one, but the hot and savoury have been a dogsend for me. I generally have a small shake, ie one scoop instead of two, for breakfast every day, and my other two means are H&S, most of the time. However, because I still need to go to the supermarket to get soya milk and coffee, when I’m there I often"treat" myself to a bit of “normal” food for the sake of variety. Thanks to this, I have finally managed to loose enough weight that recently I have started needing to gradually replace my size 14 clothes with size 12, which is a real achievement for me. My colleagues at work, half of whom are decidedly overweight, would make comments suggesting I should just accept that because of my age (early 50s) I should just accept that gaining weight was inevitable, and loosing it was flat out impossible. I’m so happy to have proved them wrong, and I really don’t think that without the addition of H&S to the Huel range I could have done it.

8 Likes

Wendy! I feel like I haven’t seen you here in ages! So lovely to hear you’re still loving Huel and you’ve managed to prove your colleagues wrong :muscle: well done, I hope when I reach early 50s that I have the same tenacity as you :blush:

Sorry Jes, totally slipped my mind!! Hope you love it though, it’s been going down really well so far!

Hi Tim, yes, it has been ages, but I really wanted to drop by to express my appreciation. Huel really has been the cornerstone of my success in this regard. And the best thing is it has been so easy, because I don’t feel hungry, so it’s not like the sort of yoyo dieting that ends up with all the weight going back on. Hurrah!

3 Likes

I have finally got around to ordering. I ordered 3 bags Mac & Cheeze H&S on 10 week subscription (like I had for the bars) but we shall see if I actually like it. As a college student I used to like the packets of M&S which you made up yourself, so I am hoping.

It has been a real trial not being able to digest the other H&S due to the whole flaxseeds included with which my stoma doesn’t cope. I have always preferred to heat my food! :clown_face:

2 Likes

Me too :frowning:
I love the powder so much that I was positive I would like H&S so ordered 3 bags on another subscription instead of adding to next powder order.
I tried mac n cheese first and the smell was the first thing that put me off and the taste is so bad I threw whole thing away and felt really depressed.
Then I had the dilemma of sending back un-open bags or trying the others. The chilli and korma had better reviews so gave chilli a go…It was ok and could have been nice but way too spicy for me and I had to cover it with mayo!
So 2 down, 1 to go and I took a gamble.
Have just tried korma and once again I find it unedible. It doesn’t help that no matter how I try to present them they all look like something a pet would cough up but I could cope with that if they tasted good.
I’m gutted as that’s almost £50 down the drain :tired_face: Does anyone want some open bags? :neutral_face:

I love them all apart from the sweet and sour which is a bit meh in my opinion. Guess people’s tastes are so different

Well, my H&S Mac & cheeze has arrived!

1. I like the flavour of the cheeze sauce, even as powder dusting sides of the bag.
  2. I am not so keen on the pieces of tomato, as I struggle to digest them with my stoma, but at least I can remove them without removing the nutritional value of the vitamin/mineral blend.
  3. solution: put dry mixture through a sieve and then re-mix the sauce powder with the macaroni pieces.
  4. use the tomato pieces to make soup for husband (add to Asda SmartPrice vegetable soup cup-a-soup packet)

I pour boiling water over mac & cheeze mixture, stir well, cover and let sit for five minutes, stir again (add more water if necessary) and leave longer. I actually find heating in microwave for a minute improves the cooking.

:thinking: I will cancel subscription, I think, as I need to think about it and see how it goes. :thinking:

I also like adding freshly ground black peppercorns to my reconstituted meal!
:clown_face:

2 Likes

You could try mixing the korma with the chilli, it will lif tthe flavour of the korma and reduce the spicyness of the chilli

Ah Sarah, I’m so sorry to hear that, especially after so much initial enthusiasm and excitement for H&S! You can absolutely return any unopened pouches for a refund.

Mexican Chilli is great, but yes it does have a little kick to it. Instead of mayo, could it be some yoghurt? Regular, vegan or otherwise. Really keen for you to make your way through the pouches you’ve opened. It’s not a bad shout from @himji, but if you aren’t keen on Korma at all then the flavour might just come through too strong.

Do make the most of the ‘Try more of the Huel range’ section in the account area and at before checkout. You can try single pouches of other products so that you can have a go. H&S is only 7 meals per pouch so a good size to trial a few different methods of making it!

Thanks for email Tim, but I have no unopened packets as I was hoping others would be better.
I understand you not wanting to refund opened packets but £50 is a lot of money to waste on 3 weeks worth of gruel meals rather than huel.

Sarah