So I’ve been using Huel for 2 weeks, the Black Edition, and it gives me nausea, and sometimes acid reflux, regurgitation, or my stomach stops working all day.
My question is how can I make it more digestible?
I know it’s me because my other half tried it and he doesn’t have any issues with it.
I usually have one scoop in 350-400ml of water or vegan milk. But I noticed that it only seats me well when I have 1/8 or so of a serving. I’ve made these lollies so I have as dessert to add more protein and nutrients.
Anyways, I feel really sick with it the shakes. I was hoping my digestion would pick up but there’s something I cannot digest in it. I’m intolerant to linseeds but it doesn’t give any obvious symptoms, but testing said so. I’m ok with pea protein on its own and can have 40mg without any problems.
Overall, huel feels very very heavy. Like a rock in my stomach.
Oh and caffeine and green tea in an empty stomach makes me nauseous but they don’t interfere with my digestion.
It feels similar to eating tinned beans. I can only eat beans after sprouting and cooking.
It may be poor stomach acid, or low enzymes, or who knows what.
But are there Any tips on how to make it more digestible?
I already cut down the servings but that still does not help. Having only 1/8 of a serving doesn’t make sense. I was hoping to at least get to drink one scoop.
I already add my own raw cacao, or whatever to improve the flavour.
Ohh, and I do have a question. Are the grains cooked before being used in the powder?