Huel and the need to pee

So I’ve been on Huel for about 2 1/2 weeks only having 2 scoops at lunchtime a day. My bladder can hold a lot of urine, meaning I don’t pee often, but it is regular. 2-4 times a day, but large amounts, i tend to drink a lot of water anyway.

Then 4 days ago I woke up with the urge to pee as normal, and after peeing that urge stayed. I’m now in a constant state of needing to pee, even when I know there is no pee left to come out. I’m constantly stuck in the feeling of trying to hold it in.

I went to the doctor and had a urine test, mainly testing to see if I had either a Urinary tract infection or any STD’s that could be causing this. All clear.

Upon hearing these results he asked if I had made any drastic changes in the last month/ 6 weeks. The only thing i can think of is that I’ve started drinking Huel for lunch. Not saying its a direct link, but it seems odd that after changing to Huel that I now feel like I’m constantly going to wet myself.

Anyone else had something similar?

I know I’m obviously drinking an extra 800ml ish a day, but that would mean I just peed more, not having the feeling of needing to pee straight after peeing?

Edit: I will also mention I’ve been told not to pee when I feel the urge to as to not retrain my bladder into wanting to pee frequently.

Edit 2: I’m using vanilla Huel but I don’t mix it with any more flavorings. I’m boring I know.

I’ve had similar but not nearly so extreme. I just put it down to drinking more liquid, as I generally don’t drink enough. That whole ‘I’ve just pee’d but now I need to go again’ sounds like your bladder is irritated - maybe get the tests re-run in a week or so if you’ve had no respite? I get that but not constantly.

I haven’t noticed this.
The feeling of incomplete bladder emptying can also be related to an enlarged prostate gland.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I’ve got another test in a week or so if the symptoms do not go away/ get worse. The doctor thinks something I’ve consumed is just causing me to have an irritated bladder, nothing super serious. Just got to figure out what it was/is.

I mostly use 76g Huel daily with a full shaker of water. I also haven’t previously been drinking enough… unless I add cold brew coffee in the mix (yum) I do not have any urge to pee more.
with bars I have horrid flatulence, but you didn’t ask about that!
good luck, hope it’s not prostrate issue.

1 Like

Huel also makes me pee much more, but i guess its completely normal, its almost all water