Huel as a ingredient

I’m investigating the value of further developing a ‘project’ and would love everyone’s thoughts:

Who has actually used Huel as an ingredient to create solid food?
If not, why?

For myself, the recipes introduce complexity to food prep… which I switched to Huel to avoid hahaha.
I’d try out solid food recipes if they had 2-3 ingredients - I’m not too bothered about looks or taste. I’d just love to try out a meal composed of >80% Huel.

Hi Lauren. If you search for ‘Huel recipes’ top right you will find lots of ideas :grin:
Also look in here: https://uk.huel.com/blogs/recipes

1 Like

Thanks Bee :slight_smile:
I’m looking to hear about who actually uses the recipes, and why/why not.
Have you tested out any?

I’m afraid not, Lauren. I love Huel just as it is so don’t feel the need. I do occasionally flavour my Huel to ring the changes but am happy with Granola and shakes as is. I ordered some bars for the first time yesterday. They will be arriving later today when I look forward to trying them. I kept putting it off but those damn bars kept calling to me :grin:

2 Likes

Ditto - the powder and especially the granola are beautiful <3 the bar is too sugary/snacky for me to eat regularly, but hope you enjoy them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well so much for me praising DPD earlier. I got the usual email last night saying they would be delivering today but then thought it a bit suspicious when I didn’t get the one hour slot sent to me this morning. I waited in just in case but no package arrived. Guess it will be a Monday delivery now :roll_eyes:

Made Huel crepes and loved it!! Wasn’t as filling as drinking the shake tho

1 Like

DPD seems to be ok here in Norwich, tracked my delivery today on the app, due between 10:00 :clock10: and 11:00 :clock11:, arrived at 10:10 :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve not attempted any huel recipes, apart from pimping my shakes with cacao, fruit, different plant milks etc to change up the flavour… I like to cook with proper food & quite enjoy having a shake every day, so not felt a need to experiment with cooking with it.

Also when I’ve read posts on here & seen pics of what ppl have made with it, even the official huel recipe pics… Things like huel muffins etc never look that great! And I haven’t heard anyone really raving about anything they’ve cooked with huel or saying they’ve turned it into a regular part of their huel life… So I figure the shakes are best!

1 Like

Just got my one hour slot from DPD they will deliver my bars this morning. Hooray! All is forgiven :+1::smile:

2 Likes

Just trying my first half bar, cocoa & orange. Hopefully they will grow on me but right now not too sure :thinking: They are certainly different! :laughing:

1 Like

I love those bars. They are certainly different, but they have the advantage of not being so scrummy that you binge on them mindlessly. I did that with the bars and cookies I ordered from My Protein. They were way too nice to leave alone. A bit like having Tom Hardy naked in your bedroom. Resistance is futile.

5 Likes

Yes they have that about them. :rofl: :rofl: at your last comment :laughing:

1 Like

Wendy is off again lol Sex mad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If Tom Hardy goes missing we know where to find him. Locked up in Wendy’s dungeon as her sex slave feeding her cookies

1 Like

That would be Huel cookies of course :smile:

1 Like

oh Tom <3 he got knighted this week!

Is that what you call it?!!