Huel Banana Bread with Walnuts (Vegan)

Hello Everyone,

I tried baking banana bread using Huel as one of the main ingredients and can only recommend it. I am going to share the recipe I used in case anyone is looking for inspiration and I am looking forward to the feedback I might be getting here.

First I mixed my ingredients together and then baked them at 350 Degrees for just over 35 minutes. I refrigerated over night afterwards but a few hours should do.

I estimate 1300 calories without the nuts and 2000 with. I used a round baking dish so cutting the banana bread into wedges afterwards makes portioning very easy.

127 grams of Huel
50 grams of vegan vanilla protein blend
2 chia eggs
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 oz unsweetened appesauce
1/2 cup stevia
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 oz of crumbled walnuts
3 1/2 ripe medium sized bananas

I was very pleased with the end result and shall be experimenting with different kinds of nuts in the future. I am also thinking of replacing the cinnamon with cacao and the vanilla protein with chocolate protein. Blue Berries might then go better with that mixture than bananas - if anyone tries it, please let me know.

Thanks!

7 Likes

This sounds amazing! Might have to give it a whirl in our new kitchen at Huel HQ!

1 Like

This sounds amazing! I’m new to huel and I’m very much a bread/cake absorber haha! Don’t know if it’s just me being stupid but… how come you have to refrigerate after baking? x