Huel cookies/biscuits

Here is my variation on the Huel Cookies recipe:

•150g Huel (100g vanilla / 50g Unflavoured/Unsweetened)
•50g butter
•50g brown sugar
•1tsp baking powder
•1tsp Huel Chocolate Flavour System
•1tsp cocoa powder
•75ml almond milk

Note the extra calories from the added ingredients. If you want to remain vegan, substitute the butter with a vegetable-based alternative. I also used wheat flour when rolling out the dough (contains gluten).

Mix the dry ingredients in a blender then slowly add the almond milk until it forms a smooth ball. I refrigerated the dough before rolling out.

The only cookie cutter I have is shaped like a duck. I also forgot to add the baking powder so I chopped the dough into rough cubes before returning to the blender and sprinkling the baking powder over it. A quick blend and back in the fridge for the second attempt.

The finished article, baked at 180°c. I must confess I didn’t time them; as a former chef I just check every so often until they look “done” but I suppose about 15-20 minutes in a fan-assisted oven.

2 Likes

Working from home today, so I decided to knock up some Huel cookies. I must add I’ve never baked anything before except potatoes !!

Taste pretty good :+1:

No sugar added, just some Green & Blacks hot chocolate powder which has sugar, and some dark chocolate chips thrown in :grinning:

1 Like

Did we ever get a good (and easy) recipe for Huel bread? It’s not as simple as replacing flour with Huel, is it?

There is a bread recipe in the Huel recipe book which is free if you sign up to our email list.

Simply add your email address to the form near the bottom of this page: https://huel.com/

I just did this and it turned out alright:

250g vanilla Huel
125g unsalted butter
125g sugar (can definitely reduce if you don’t want a lot)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
100ml almond milk
50g flaked almonds

Zap the butter in microwave for 45 seconds. Mix all ingredients together. Portions to about 12-15 cookies. Put in oven for 25 mins at 160c fan or 180c non fan.

Hello Julian,

This link seems not to be anything to do with Huel?

I would very much like the bread recipe: can you post it please?

Sorry, its now fixed. Just enter your email address at the bottom of https://huel.com/

Hi there

I received my first batch of Huel on Thursday and today I wanted to try making some Huel bread. I used a Lakeland bread maker and selected the whole wheat programme. I used the following ingredients:

180 ml water
15 ml olive oil
5 ml salt
1 cup (160 g) strong white bread flour
1 cup (160 g) vanilla Huel
5 ml easy blend yeast

(The whole wheat recipe also suggests 5 ml caster sugar and 15 ml milk powder but I left those out).

The end product is lovely! There was a beautiful vanilla aroma in my flat as the loaf was cooking and it has a sort of wholemealy but sweet taste - the taste is sort of like a cake or biscuit rather than bread.

I might try adjusting the ratio of white flour to Huel - it will be interesting to see what happens if I use 100% Huel.

It’s very moreish - just off to have another slice :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just gave this a go myself, using purely vanilla Huel and soy rather than almond milk.

I didn’t have any cookie cutters to hand, so I just rolled the dough into a sausage with my hands and ripped off chunks to make rough circles!

IMG_20180325_204744IMG_20180325_203806

I have to say, they’ve turned out pretty decent. The texture is somewhere between a soft cookie and bread, but genuinely really good! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the recipe.

2 Likes