Huel for a Cold

I’ve managed to get hold of a bit of a cold this week. The first time in years and it’s annoying.

Anyway, I know it’s best to eat sparingly and light with easily digestable foods when you’re unwell, it gives the body a better chance to use it’s energy to heal rather than spending a chunk to digest foods. So with that in mind, I’m giving 100% huel a go, the way I figure is huel is going to a lot simpler and easier to digest than most meals so it’ll go better for me.

I feel a lot better already, I’ll see how I feel tomorrow morning after a nights rest.
I’d like other opinions on this and maybe if anybody else has a cold, you could give this a go and let us know how you get on

That doesn’t sound right to me. Surely good nutrition is even more important when you’re poorly. I’ve never restricted food when I’m ill, sure I’ll cut out crap, but I’ll make sure I still get the right amount of calories.

To be honest, I’m not sure I can remember being ill since starting on complete foods a few years ago. Wonder if there’s a link there.

Hi Tristan, I tried to write about this but without going into a lot of untested anecdotal quasi science, there’s little more to add. I can talk about my experiences and what I’ve read from a few experts when it comes to health and healing but I don’t think that discussion helps the point of the topic.
If you want to talk more about that then I’m happy to PM you my thoughts :slight_smile:

The point of the post is using 100% Huel as your food/fuel source when unwell as it provides the fuel with less of a tax on the body for digestion. I may be wrong about that bit but I think Huel is easier on the body to digest than say an equivalent calorie load of say chicken soup and bread