Broken

So, my husband left me a week ago and I’ve literally been able to eat or drink very very little since.
I’ve decided that HUEL may be a good idea.
I’m thinking even if I manage to get one drink down me and keep it down, it’s better than nothing right?

1 Like

Yep. And you’ve gotta keep your strength up to plot and carry out revenge of course.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that Sara. Good luck hope Huel helps

1 Like

Yes. It’s a very easy way to get calories in, and I wish I’d known about it during a tough time in my life when I ate next to nothing as I’d have coped better! So good luck and I hope that things get easier for you real soon.

1 Like

Definitely. You could make a big shake and just sip it when you can, and then build up to drinking it as a “meal”. Well done for thinking about taking care of yourself! Good luck. Just take each day as it comes and remember you WILL be fine (if not better :slight_smile: )

1 Like

All of the above, especially salp123’s suggestion of making a shake and having it there to sip as and when. And a cwtsh from me - things will get better…

2 Likes

The best revenge is living well.

4 Likes

Revenge is best served cold…a bit like Huel…stick it in the fridge overnight

5 Likes

Revenge is best served cold…a bit like Huel…stick it in the fridge overnight

I hope the marketing team is paying attention here, I’m 60% certain that this would make a good slogan.

Here’s another one:

The best revenge is living well, and a key component of living well is achieving a healthy daily intake of essential nutrients. Drink Huel!

…I probably shouldn’t be joking in such a somber thread :confused:

5 Likes

Oh dear…I joke in most threads…

1 Like

Oh dear…I joke in most threads…

Think of it as performing an essential public service! Levity is all too often in short supply.

4 Likes

Thankyou for the help, advice and whatever else everyone.
Unfortunately I’ve still not eaten barely anything never
mind HUEL but I’m definitely gonna do so once I feel slightly more human.
Thanks again x

3 Likes

Don’t give up! My mum gave me some tough love when I went through something similar and told me that the only person who was going to make me feel better was me. Only I could stop giving [him] permission to affect how I was feeling and only I could give myself permission to get myself together and start building myself back up. I was so mad at her for saying that as it felt unsupportive but actually she was right. You can do this. I don’t know your circumstances or your personality and I’m sorry if I’m overstepping the boundary of the Huel forum but I wish I had had something like Huel at that time, and a forum to discuss the impact. Huel has all your nutrients so at least you can feed yourself and stay healthy. Keep fighting!

4 Likes

Thankyou so much for this. Maybe tough love is the way forward. I’m doing the best I can and taking each day as it comes. Boy is it hard.
I really appreciate your advice and for taking the time.
Honestly x

It will be hard and scary as hell but promise me you’re going to get through it and in time you will feel better. Get some Huel (or at least some chips lol) down you! Let us know how you are doing x

Hiya Sara it will get better my wife left me in November for someone 15years younger in another country. I lost 3 stones over 4 months then found huel and my weight is now stable and I’ve become a bit obsessed with health and fitness started working out and fixed my gut microbiome by having kefir. I’ve not felt this good in 20 years. Keep on it. It gets better

Wow that’s amazing, good for you. And how are you emotionally?
I’ve still barely managed to eat. I just drink copious amounts of water and drink tea. I can feel the weight dropping off me. I just can’t face anything and I feel nauseous all the time. It’s exhausting.
Thankyou x

After my marriage fell apart I was depressed/aimless on and off for years. Huel has really helped to have on hand when eating seems unnecessary and joyless.
I’m so sorry you are going through this.
The plus side is that when I have Huel I do honestly feel physically healthier, which in turn helps a little with depression.

I’m really sorry to hear about what has happened. As difficult as it is to do so, as soon as you are able, do try to force yourself to eat something, ideally Huel but if you have a particular craving, fulfil that. There is an amino acid called tryptophan you’ll find in Huel and most other proteins, which (in simple terms) allows you to create serotonin and melatonin. Serotonin helps you feel good (amongst other things), while melatonin regulates your sleep cycle so can help you sleep, both of which are very important for emotional recovery. There are also other micronutrients in Huel that will help, but the important thing is as soon as possible you get back to eating. I hope you start to feel better soon.

2 Likes

Hey Sara, so sorry to hear about this. Big love from Huel HQ. Hopefully you can find some solace on the forum and perhaps a few laughs along the way too :blush: Have you tried Huel yet? Let us know how you get along and if you need any tips at all!

ON IT.

writing%20fast

1 Like