Huel Original Flavour

Yo, big willie, it’s bangin’

I’m still not totally clear on what’s happening with Original 2.3, so I’ve just brought my subs forward by a month and added an extra couple of bags (even though I could definitely do without the extra expense this month) in case there’s no Original left when it’s next due mid-January.

1 Like

Neither am I. @Tim_Huel or @Julian could we have a clear message please on the future of original. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’m going with Phoebe.

I bought another bag of Original today, even though I don’t rate it. I’m just going to bury it in a remote location, and then when @Coup is desperately jonesing for a fix, I’ll start posting clues.

4 Likes

I bought Original last night just to keep our stocks high. It is great to hear @Julian saying that a v3.0 Original may be in the works.

I think this is clear…

Yes we do have some v2.3 Original flavour left which will continued to sent out to subscription customers of Original. I’m just waiting for numbers to see if it can also be put on the Huel Outlet page for one-time purchases. This number is changing all the time, so I won’t know until the launch of v3.0.

We are currently working with a flavour house to match our Original flavour with a natural version. I’m tasting three versions next week and if one passes we launch a v3.0 Original flavour in a few months time.

7 Likes

Couldn’t be more clear and good news it is.

Thanks Julian! I’ll keep my order adjustment as is then in case Original is sold out by January.

I thought original flavour was prerequisite for using flavour boosts. I find the vanilla version disgustingly sweet. Does anybody actually add flavour boosts to the vanilla version ? I find that hard to believe.

2 Likes

The flavour boosts were made to go with vanilla, so it shouldn’t be that hard to believe…

I hope you’re sitting down. I’m drinking gingerbread+vanilla right now!!! :exploding_head: I don’t find vanilla too sweet though.

Wombats mostly eat grass and stuff, so you probably don’t have a sweet tooth.

3 Likes

I’m obviously also a wombat. You vanilla people are weird. The flavour boosts work best in original. That’s a fact.

3 Likes

There is basic logic here. The original flavour is the base flavour to which you add your own choice of flavour boost. Why you would want to combine a flavour boost with default vanilla flavour is beyond my comprehension.

1 Like

Unless Huel get their act together with the original flavour, I will find another product.

I agree with that logic, but they mask the vanilla taste pretty well in practice. The boosts aren’t as sweet as they used to be either.

I’m not a vanilla person, I think it’s boring. But I can’t tell the difference between original and vanilla when they’ve got a shitload of boost in them.

There’s still UU to mix vanilla with. Or plain UU.

The flavour boosts were made to go with Original actually as Original was the first flavoured Huel they brought out. New vanilla has only been out a year or two.

Why does everyone think vanilla is a boring or plain flavour? I think it’s the greatest spice out there.
Maybe that weird artificial vanilla a lot of cheap food is flavoured with is.
But real vanilla straight from the pod. It’s how I imagine the forbidden fruit that Eve ate tasted.

Vanilla pods are taken from the gods themselves. FACT.

3 Likes

I think Vanilla Huel is boring. Vanilla itself is fine and dandy.

3 Likes