I have this most days for breakfast, and as as I said in another post I am glad to see that three helpings of this would almost exactly meet my daily requirements. I think I am going to try doing that - having it three times, one for each meal - after Christmas, to simplify and soothe my digestion and maybe lose a bit of weight.
(from My Fitness Pal)
Amount Per Serving calories 375
% Daily Value * Total Fat 11 g 18 %
Saturated Fat 1 g 7 %
Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6 g
Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 184 mg 8 % Potassium 317 mg 9 % Total Carbohydrate 52 g 17 % Dietary Fiber 10 g 41 % Sugars 23 g Protein 15 g 29 %
Vitamin A 15 %
Vitamin C 19 %
Calcium 55 %
Iron 19 %
I was getting a bit chilled by cold huel, also feeling the weight of not having watched what I’m eating for many months, so I’m going to try and experiment - I put my own enhanced version of Huel porridge (which I have most days for breakfast, and which I love) into My Fitness Pal, added it three times - once for each meal - and I get almost exactly my nutrient requirements, with a few left over for a snack! I think I’ll try doing this after Christmas, see if I can regain some energy and lose some weight. I’ll put my recipe in the recipe section, although I think I pretty much got it from there in the first place.
I’m actually looking forward to simplifying and slimming it all down again, after the feasting.
I kind of followed this as a guide for breakfast this morning and changed it a little
50g Huel Original 3.0
35g plain porridge oats
2 tbsp Sugar Free Maple syrup
1 tbsp Huel Granola
1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
Blueberries and Pecan Nuts.
As other recipes also mentioned, pre-mixed the Huel and water, then added the oats. I stirred in the maple syrup half way through cooking. Tasted really delicious – the sweetness of the new Original powder worked really well. (BTW - the apples are New Zealand Rockits hence the diminutive size )
That looks lovely and sounds yummy. I now just mix a big batch of oats and Huel, (about 3/1) with some milled seeds and nuts in a jar, and put a couple of scoops of that in a bowl. I’ve modified it slightly now by adding a spoonful of yogurt and water to soak overnight,which is supposed to create probiotics … who knows but it tastes nice, and is warming and fills me for the morning.
I add maple syrup after cooking and some fruit. Must look out for sugar-free maple syrup, I’ve never seen that.
Where did you get the Huel granola?! I thought it had disappeared for ever.
I guess as there’s no sugar in it, then technically its a maple ‘style’ syrup I only saw it by chance in the supermarket and its an Australian brand called Queen. It tastes pretty good but a little thinner than the real thing,
when the flag went up that they were selling off the remaining stock in the outlet I bought 8 boxes. I have one left now.