Huel porridge enhanced - recipe

I have this most days for breakfast, and as as I said in another post I am glad to see that three helpings of this would almost exactly meet my daily requirements. I think I am going to try doing that - having it three times, one for each meal - after Christmas, to simplify and soothe my digestion and maybe lose a bit of weight.
(from My Fitness Pal)
6 Ingredients

• 10 g, Sultanas
  • 25 g, Oats
  • 200.00 milliliter, Almond Milk - Original
  • 0.50 scoop, Vanilla V2.2 (1 Scoop 38g)
  • 0.50 medium, Apple
  • 15 g, Milled Linseed With Goji Berries Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds (Aldi)

Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 375
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11 g 18 %
Saturated Fat 1 g 7 %
Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 184 mg 8 %
Potassium 317 mg 9 %
Total Carbohydrate 52 g 17 %
Dietary Fiber 10 g 41 %
Sugars 23 g
Protein 15 g 29 %
Vitamin A 15 %
Vitamin C 19 %
Calcium 55 %
Iron 19 %

3 Likes

I was getting a bit chilled by cold huel, also feeling the weight of not having watched what I’m eating for many months, so I’m going to try and experiment - I put my own enhanced version of Huel porridge (which I have most days for breakfast, and which I love) into My Fitness Pal, added it three times - once for each meal - and I get almost exactly my nutrient requirements, with a few left over for a snack! I think I’ll try doing this after Christmas, see if I can regain some energy and lose some weight. I’ll put my recipe in the recipe section, although I think I pretty much got it from there in the first place.

I’m actually looking forward to simplifying and slimming it all down again, after the feasting.

1 Like

PS I’m thinking I can vary it some to keep it exciting, eg with blueberries or raspberries instead of apple. Or a banana on high days and holidays :partying_face:

I kind of followed this as a guide for breakfast this morning and changed it a little

Porridge:

• 50g Huel Original 3.0
  • 200ml water
  • 35g plain porridge oats
  • 2 tbsp Sugar Free Maple syrup

Topping:

• 1 tbsp Huel Granola
  • 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
  • Blueberries and Pecan Nuts.

As other recipes also mentioned, pre-mixed the Huel and water, then added the oats. I stirred in the maple syrup half way through cooking. Tasted really delicious – the sweetness of the new Original powder worked really well. (BTW - the apples are New Zealand Rockits hence the diminutive size :slight_smile: )

That looks lovely and sounds yummy. I now just mix a big batch of oats and Huel, (about 3/1) with some milled seeds and nuts in a jar, and put a couple of scoops of that in a bowl. I’ve modified it slightly now by adding a spoonful of yogurt and water to soak overnight,which is supposed to create probiotics … who knows but it tastes nice, and is warming and fills me for the morning.
I add maple syrup after cooking and some fruit. Must look out for sugar-free maple syrup, I’ve never seen that.
Where did you get the Huel granola?! I thought it had disappeared for ever.

I guess as there’s no sugar in it, then technically its a maple ‘style’ syrup :slight_smile: I only saw it by chance in the supermarket and its an Australian brand called Queen. It tastes pretty good but a little thinner than the real thing,

when the flag went up that they were selling off the remaining stock in the outlet I bought 8 boxes. I have one left now.

1 Like

Bulk Powders do one in the U.K.

1 Like