Huel v2.3 Launched: improved vitamins and minerals plus New & Improved Vanilla Flavour!

After making some comparisions, the new Vainilla flavour is definitely better.

The smell is very good, even it reminds me to butter biscuits. The flavour is almost similar to the old one. Even I could say that the old one in 2.2 was just a little more pleasant.

Good job

1 Like

An update to this:

I have made some comments in the past against the flavour of U/U.

Now… I am in the dark side and I am starting to like it and eat every day. I still think it needs a rethink.

Reason? More kcal per gram (its a minor difference) and to avoid sucralose

BTW. No improvements planned for Huel with 2.4?

Hi @airiartev

Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re asking here. please clarify and I will respond.

@JamesCollier haha it was bad written. Basically when is expected 2.4? And if you can tell us the improvements, a sneak peak of what is coming

@airiartev what rethink / improvements are you hoping for?

@ChristinaT I want to be surprised haha. Maybe an improvement in how it mixes to get rid of the lumps if you shake it by hand.

I don’t get lumps in mine. I use a Huel shaker with a mixer ball inside.

Mmm I certainly do find lumps if I shake for 30 seconds.

This is something to be improved despite is not a big deal

There are a few things we’re looking at for a possible next iteration, but we’ve yet to finalise them. One thing we have agreed is a slightly different gum blend for a smoother consistency, but there needs to be other changes too for this to warrant a new version.

2 Likes

@JamesCollier could be possible a Vainilla version without sucralose? Only the aroma/flavour?

Without a sweetener all you would taste is pea protein.

Or you could add your own vanilla flavour to U/U.

1 Like

Natural vanilla essence is widely available in shops. It does actually work reasonably well in UU.

3 Likes

Smoother is a worry for me, took ages to get used to the current gum mix after the heavenly v1.2 U&U. Still feels overly slick sometimes.

1 Like

Do you put your Huel’s in the fridge first? I don’t, as I prefer the texture when it’s just been made over when it’s chilled and soaked for hours.

We could look into it, but it would taste very different as the sweetness and flavour work in synergy.

I thought that this was the idea behind UU - you can add the flavour boosts which don’t contain sucralose or you can add your own natural flavours eg coffee or cacao or fruit

Oh no, I hate it being thick so it never goes in the fridge. That’s also why I use 650-700ml per 3 scoops to try and match the old v1.2 consistency, but you can still feel the gum. I still enjoy it (drinking one as I write) and would be lost without it, but have fond memories of 1.2

1 Like

I love UU because it provides the perfect base for flavouring. I like my shakes thick, adding Alpro Almond to provide the extra gum. I increased the liquids at one time to 600ml per 100g shake but it was far too much for me. I find 400ml liquid per 100g is just perfect.

1 Like

Alpro has too much sugar… Uff i cant with that brand

Alpro Original has 2.4g of sugar per 100ml. Hardly high.

They also do an unsweetened version with zero sugar. So to write off an entire brand is ridiculous.

2 Likes