Huel v2.3 Launched: improved vitamins and minerals plus New & Improved Vanilla Flavour!

I feel a bit dubious about this. I really like vanilla (with/without flavour packs), I love the coffee flavour, and have no issue having two 1.76kg bags open in my cupboard - but I don’t think I’d like to have three bags open at once, or four (“some” usually means four doesn’t it?).

That said, I am quite looking forward to seeing what you come up with, but it’s the RTD that I’m really waiting for :slight_smile:

RTD? What is that?

Ready to Drink (pre-mixed and bottled Huel)

I wonder if one dares to hope for the mint chocolate… the flavor boost is wonderful. If not, then well, a suggestion for the future. :smiley:

1 Like

Please, please, please do not stop making Vanilla (Original).

I tried my first bag of Vanilla (New and Improved) this month and it’s revolting! To me it tastes nothing at all like vanilla, but a horrible, chemical, processed toffee taste. Like really cheap and nasty sweets or fudge. I’ve tried with water, various kinds of milk, adding instant coffee…all rank.

I haven’t tried the Coffee flavour since I’m happy adding instant coffee to my Huel when I feel like it, so would rather have the flexibility. I’ve been 100% Huel for over a year now and would not want a diet that included caffeine in every meal. I don’t think I could live off New and Improved though.

4 Likes

Yes agreed - cease of original vanilla will have me researching alternates once the overstock that id definitely buy, once the bad news hit, started to run low.

In order of preference
Original
U/u
Coffee

New

Currently buy 6+ 1+1

Next order may be 7+1 as coffee isn’t as good as vanilla with instant

@JamesCollier

Could tell the differences between the new and the original, the priginal is supossed to be worse on paper and artificial. The new one should be natural, but with the comments of the thread telling that new vainilla is worse… I have some doubts

Could you show the vanilla ingredients in each one?

Wow I tried the 2.3 UU… Im sorry but I barely could drink it… Was horrible, even bitter, i thought the flavour would be inexistent or plain… It was just horrible.

300 ml water, 3 UU scoops and 140 ml coffee… Wow, one of the most difficult breakfast of my life…

I will try tomorrow the new vainilla that I expect to be pretty good

I had the same experience, I am now mixing it 50/50 with the vanilla and it tastes good.

The new vainilla reminds me a lot to Queal.

The smell is good but the taste is too vainilla, its like you know that is vanilla… The old vainilla could pass like a normal Huel because it was very subtle.

Overal I like it. 8/10. I will try more

I love the new vanilla but since reading this discussion I now have the urge to compare both versions, therefore have included a bag of original with my next order.
So far I have New Vanilla, Berry and UU. Berry I like but finding UU a bit too bland and oaty on its own. Much better when blended with fruit or half and half with vanilla and a spoonful of instant coffee.

I am still on the Vanilla original V2.3 just couldn’t get on with the new improved version, in a past order I had a bag of each to compare next to each other. The original was much nicer in my opinion, but I preferred V2.2 overall.
I wonder if there is a v2.4 in the pipe line yet.

Its time for a 2.4 no updates since almost a year ago

I like UU concept but was horrible. I know it had to be natural or raw, but Huel should develop a UU flavour, a minimal flavour to at least make a huel with no flavour.
Soylent invested a lot to have their standard version with no flavour (that indeed its a flavour)

@Tim_Huel

I imagine the UU version is for those who don’t have a sweet tooth and might want to mix their Huel with savoury stuff. Can well understand that. Plus UU Huel can be used in baking etc.

I barely eat sweet, i drink solo coffee without sugar, but UU was pretty difficult to drink…

i even could say that the flavour was bad, although I know it was correct

Yeah I know what you mean, kind of like UU but with a Vanilla flavour or something.

Oh hang on…

5 Likes

I use new and improved Huel for baking all the time, pretty much 1:1 in place of flour.

2 Likes

Soylent once explained how much effort they put to develop their normal version without favour

But it’s called Unflavoured and Unsweetened, not Flavourless.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve here…

3 Likes