Huel v2.3 Launched: improved vitamins and minerals plus New & Improved Vanilla Flavour!

I’ve been using the older Vanilla exclusively for over a week and just tried the v2.3 again today - absolutely love the v2.3. Less sweet and is flavoursome in the best way possible, especially if you’re like me and have never been able to stomach sweet meals regularly.

When I first tried v2.3, I actually really looked forward to having my huel again - tried the older Vanilla flavour, not so much. v2.3 is pretty amazing considering I never thought I’d like regular sweet anything. I always thought I’d get huel with the intention of using with savoury soups, but now I’ll be happy to use v2.3 majority of time and unflavoured for all other times.

How can it be said that the new and improved is less sweet than 2.2? It smells sweeter and tastes sweeter; it has an artificial sweetener listed in the ingredients that the previous did not, as well as having .3g more sugar per 100g.

Hi guys

Just to emphasise, v2.3 refers to the changes to the formula, not just the flavour. v2.3 is still available in the same Original vanilla flavour.

1 Like

No idea, but I’ve had the Vanilla 2.1 exclusively for a while now (I assume it’s the same flavor as in 2.2), and it still seems way sweeter. If it’s not actually sugar/sweetener, then I guess I’m describing some other aspect of the flavour / smell… whatever makes us think perfume is sweet perhaps

when is 2.4 launching :joy:

2 Likes

Why would you want a 2.4 when you have perfection in 2.3 :wink::sunglasses::star_struck:

6 Likes

I don’t like the flavour - tastes more artificial. Preferred the old vanilla!

Also the new formula has more sugar carbs and salt in it…

New and Improved as 0.2g more sugars than Original per 100g yes, but that is tiny I’m sure you’ll admit! The salt is identical, 0.7g per 100g, not sure where you got that information from.

Obviously we knew that some would prefer the Original, that’s why we still sell it.

1 Like

Comparing from the Vanilla packets:

v 2.2

Sugar 0.9g Salt 0.57g

V 2.3

Sugar 1.2g Salt 0.7g

Those are quite large % increases in sugar and salt - 30% more sugar carbs, and around 15-30% salt.

I hope that you’re planning on keeping the original formula?

So I think i need to buy original vanilla flavour 2.3… hmm.

That’s 0.3g sugar and 0.1g of salt!

Is that really even an issue?!

Do bear in mind that both are naturally occurring from our main ingredients and are not added.

Let’s put this into perspective: you typically have 25g of sunflower seeds of day (which contain 0.4g of sugars); you decide to increase this to 42g per day: you’ve just increased your sugars by 0.3g.

Yes, sugars are an issue in society, but they’re not an issue in the slightest for individuals who consume a good diet.

2 Likes

Albrey, you say sugar has gone up 30% but it depends how you look at it.

Before, sugar made up 0.9% of a 100g serving of Huel. Now it makes up 1.2%, so it’s gone up a whole 0.3%! Really nothing to worry about :slight_smile:

Thought you were comparing v2.3 Original to v2.3 New and Improved.

Could you share some of your plans in the short term to you fans about the powder? Im planning to buy another batch for the whole year

We are working on some new preblended flavours - one v soon!

4 Likes

I settled on an 8 bag regular order to balance the -

order a load in one go and get a good price, only have to be in for delivery a few times a year etc

&

the what if I end up with a lot of unused previous version / flavour when new is launched

Seems like cocoa flavour :slight_smile:

Is there any ETA?
What flavor?

Soon!
Something nice!

2 Likes

Jack Daniels flavour. Ace

3 Likes