Huel v2.3 Launched: improved vitamins and minerals plus New & Improved Vanilla Flavour!

Oh my bad! I’ll try and figure it out later…

Oh my… The new taste is quite literally the most delicious shake I’ve ever encountered. Just half a teaspoon of chocolate flavour system and I’m in heaven. I’m sold for life!

2 Likes

I’m excited, I haven’t had Huel since v2.1 came out and my order of 4 bags of v2.3 arrived Tuesday. I’m finishing the Queal and Whole Fuel I’ve been trying then should be onto Huel again next week!

1 Like

Just ordered mine…Interested to see which side my tastebuds will land on.

While DPD load up the van I’ve knocked up MyFitnessPal entries for the new Huel grub. For those who use MFP these are all up on the library & searchable, just type in the titles below :-

Huel Vanilla (New & Improved) v2.3
Huel Unflavoured & Unsweetened v2.3
Huel Bar v2.0
Huel Original Granola
Huel Berry Granola

FYI … Apart from the Huel Bar, all the above have been setup as 100g serving sizes. As individual serving sizes are, well, individual. Just enter in your own quantities. Example, a recommended serving is 114 grams (3 x 38grams / 3 scoops). In the app edit your number of servings to 1.14 (3 x 0.38 grams).

5 Likes

Would be a lot more handy to have 60g for the Huel Granola and 38 grams for the powder so you just need to enter the number of scoops (easier)

You’re welcome … :unamused:

Thanks. That was just a thought

thanks, so how do the amounts of sucralose compare between 2.3 New Vanilla and 2.3 Original ? Ie how much sucralose in each per 2000kcal ?

Original is 128.35mg sucralose per 2,000kcal
New Vanilla is 100mg sucralose per 2,000kcal

1 Like

Just got my 2.3 yesterday, the new vanilla is horrible. Trying to sell it now, but will return 1 unopened for the 2.2 vanilla for sure. Please, please NEVER get rid of the 2.2 vanilla.

1 Like

New Hueler, here! I took the precaution of ordering one bag of each original and new, and I can’t say I like new at all. My reasons are:

• The taste - I think there’s hardly any point saying it has a vanilla flavour, as I didn’t detect it at all, even though I made it thinner than I normally would. Very weak. I can’t say I got the same toffee effect others have noted.

• The texture - Again, very thin compared to original, despite less water use.

• Mixing - Does not mix as well as original, and had lumps no matter how much I shook it up. I eat Huel for convenience so I don’t want to have to use a blender to make it drinkable. Original does not have this problem.

• AFTERTASTE! Good grief, there’s something so unpleasant about it, like that sort of bad saccharine lingering you get with sugar free goods, except this isn’t a sweet aftertaste, just a really unpleasant, almost chemical one.

If perhaps you need something thinner, not 100% flavoursome to absorb the flavours put in, you may find the new vanilla helpful. I won’t be re-ordering it though. Old vanilla mimicked the texture, flavour and consistency of protein drinks I’ve had in the past, and so that’s what I prefer in a mixed meal drink.

Is there likely to be a point where original is phased out, or is it going to be long term available?

3 Likes

I agree on all points!

I tried the new v2.3 for the first time today and am another one who doesn’t like it as much as 2.2. I agree with the others who say it has a strong smell and taste of artificial sweeteners. I also prefer the texture and thickness of 2.2 (I always buy vanilla flavour).

I have two full bags of 2.3 so I think I’ll try placing another order for the original formula and then mix the new stuff with the old stuff to improve the taste and use the 2.3 stuff up. Oh well worth a try! At least 2.2 will still be available.

Wondering if I’ve missed something along the way. Id thought that all versions available - u/u, original and new vanilla were now v2.3 and the differences were simply in the flavours?

1 Like

I’m fairly sure you’re correct; 95% anyway. Hopefully Tim et al will confirm.

good to know - thanks…

I experience New Vanilla as being sweeter tasting than Original; how is this achieved if not by using more Sucralose?

Correct - it’s the formula that’s changed. You can still get what you called vanilla in 2.2, except it’s now called Original in 2.3.

v2.2 formula is NO LONGER available; but the flavour of v2.2 IS STILL AVAILABLE.

Make sense?

1 Like

I’ve had only one order of Huel so far and I had two bags of vanilla but after a while (shortly before I finished the second bag, I went off the flavour and didn’t like it any more. Too artificial and bad aftertaste, I think (I haven’t had any Huel for nearly a year).

I was about to order UU Huel but have noticed that there’s a new vanilla flavour. Is there any chance of getting a sample of the new vanilla flavour? I want to try it but can’t afford to buy a whole bag if I might not like it. I think I’ll put my order in for two bags of UU for now but would like to try a sample of the new vanilla for future reference. Please someone let me know if this possible, thanks!

We don’t do samples, sorry @greyhound. One good way around this would be to order 1 x UU and 1 x New & Improved. If you like the New & Improved, great! If you aren’t so sure, you can mix 50:50 UU and New & Improved which will obviously half the flavour.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply. I think I’ll play it safe and get 2x UU!