Super disappointed in 2.3

So I’m pretty new to Huel and didn’t fancy dropping £40 on something I thought I might hate so bought my first bag (Vanilla 2.2) from eBay. I was really happy with it and finished the bag pretty quickly so decided to start a subscription.

It arrived this morning and I’m on my second meal today of Vanilla 2.3. The difference in taste in quite noticeable and it’s really not nearly as nice as 2.2! I really dislike the taste and the aftertaste lingers for hours.

Has anybody else found the difference between 2.2 and 2.3 a bit too much? Any ways of improving it?

Hi there, really sorry to hear that you aren’t a fan of the New & Improved Vanilla flavour. We still sell the old flavour you preferred for this exact reason. This is available on our website as Original.

We have loads of ways to adapt the flavour. You can find out loads of great ways on this thread:

There is also a few helpful videos on our YouTube page:

Hope this helps!

Ah ok, so Original 2.3 is the same as Vanilla 2.2? In which case, sign me up!

Is there a way I can exchange them? One of my two bags is opened.

Bingo, but with all the awesome micro-nutrient changes - like vegan D3!

You can return any unopened bags or bar boxes you have in return for an exchange/refund, providing your order was placed within the last 30 days.

Our returns/refund policy and instructions can be found here: https://huel.com/pages/refund-policy

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks, I’ll return the unopened bag for an exchange for the original flavour!

I like 2.3!

1 Like

@maxehmookau

Just wanted to say I had the same series of events as yourself, except I bought straight from the Huel website and not eBay.

I too have found the difference very noticeable and very much relate to the aftertaste you mention.After having it twice so far I feel that it gives me a sore/aching head. I thought it was just a one off on the first day cause I had a lot on, but I virtually never get headaches and had two recently, both after the new and improved Huel.

Let’s hope the original (Vanilla) and unsweetened stay in production.

So I’ve got a bag of 2.3 original now and the new vanilla. While the new vanilla is starting to grow on me, it’s still too sweet for my tastes. I’ll finish the bag and just buy original from now on.

1 Like