Iced-Coffee Birthday Cake Smoothie

Iced-Coffee Birthday Cake Smoothie (VG/GF)

partying_face

Today is the day one digit turns higher sighs :sweat_smile:
So in celebration I came up with a Huel Birthday Recipe!

Ingredients

• UU BE Huel - 80g

• UU almond milk / plain soya yoghurt - 150ml / 100g

• Frozen Mango, Pineapple & Papaya Mix- 80g

• Double shot espresso

• Chocolate cherry flavour boost - 4g

• 1tsp maple syrup

• Cubes of ice (crumbled)

• 1 Chilled glass

Instructions

1. Pour the refrigerated almond milk into the blender

2. In order: Add the Huel, frozen mango, pineapple and papaya mix, espresso, yoghurt, flavour boost, maple syrup, crumbled ice and blend

3. If you want it colder add a few more ice cubes until satisfactory.

4. (Optional) add a sprinkle on cinnamon

Enjoy in a chilled glass.

Optionals

BE UU Huel - swap for any other neutral flavour, such as Vanilla
Plain Soya Yoghurt - try Coconut Yoghurt such as Koko Dairy Free Yoghurt
Flavour Boost - go wild and experiment!
Huel Bar - why not add your fav Huel Bar in the mix?

Let me know if you try this out!! :slight_smile:

Nutritional Value (value may differ depending on product you use)

Kcal - 511.4
Carbs - 24.8g
Protein - 40g
Fat - 18.6g

4 Likes

How was it?! Chilled glass too, very sophisticated :tipping_hand_woman: Happy birthday to you for yesterday!

I’m intrigued by the combo of mango and coffee. Is that a normal combo and I’ve just been living under a rock?!

Me too, not something I’ve thought of, but just Googled it and seems it’s quite common.

Anyway, it does sound delish.

I personally thought it tasted great!

Overall, the texture was a smooth and thick. It reminded me of a fresh summers day iced-coffee frappe that had a nice balance of chocolate cherry flavour, hints of the mango, pineapple and papaya mix + the overall sweetness from the maple syrup/fruit. The milk/yoghurt added to the creaminess. The core flavours was the coffee/chocolate cherry flavour boost.

I used a double-shot from Pact Coffee and it’s strong enough that the flavour of the mango mix just sits nicely. I wouldn’t say mango/coffee is a mix you’d typically find no haha! I like to experiment with the foods I like and the chilled glass just adds to the glamour haha and thank you!!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!? If you do make sure you use espresso as I don’t think instant coffee would have the same impact to be honest :slight_smile:

Happy birthday to you. That sounds nice. I use the tropical frozen mix as well and have added it to quite a few different flavours and also frozen cherries are good. :birthday::cherries::tropical_drink: