International Shipping Options

Hello all,

I’ve been shipping to South Africa a lot, and I recently placed an order with another brand (choosing to not name them here) due to the fact that they offer free global shipping with fedex over a certain order amount.

The ‘catch’ is that my estimated arrival date is 20/7-5/8. Not great, but not really a problem either.

My Huel orders are Typically 636 GBP, and to pay 119 shipping on top of this is kind of annoying.

Would Huel offer a free shipping option for those who do not need it within three days? Is there demand for this?

Curious what others think, and if they might offer a response…

At 636 pounds that sounds like a considerable amoun of Huel. What weigh in Kg is the order?

my main issue with Fedex is that they are absolute crooks when it comes to fees they charge - which invariably are always inflated and inconsistent. I’d really like the option to choose an international courier service option - such as DHL who allow you to prepay duty and handling fees at the time of checkout so you dont get any nasty surprises on delivery.

1 Like

Off the top of my head I can’t remember, they’re always split into two packages. I think my most recent one was something very disproportionate like 6 and 18 kg.

I do not have a mobile device so please be patient if expecting a reply.
No tengo un dispositivo móvil así que por favor sea paciente si espera una respuesta.
Sina simu ya kifaa hivyo tafadhali pata subira ikiwa unatarajia jibu.

Hard agree. Good (?) to know I’m not the only one with this experience. I wasn’t sure if it was just my bad luck, or a typical “African problem” (corruption). FedEx is awful, and y last order was stuck in rural France for four days.

I do not have a mobile device so please be patient if expecting a reply.
No tengo un dispositivo móvil así que por favor sea paciente si espera una respuesta.
Sina simu ya kifaa hivyo tafadhali pata subira ikiwa unatarajia jibu.

Really sorry to see you go, Em. £120 on postal is a lot and really appreciate how much you’ve been loving Huel.

Cheaper options for international postage is something we’re looking into. At the moment these orders are sent via FedEx which is expensive but what we’re looking at is going with something more like a postal route. This is slower but cheaper, which is what you want. At the moment we don’t have enough of these orders to get the best price. But as we up our presence in places like Japan we will have more bargaining power to reduce this cost. We don’t make any profit on postage so any savings will be reflected in your shipping fees.

It’s early days but it is something on our minds.

Thanks Tim. It’s a bit more layered than that, you can see from my post history my experience with ordering to SA (we pay 30-50% on top in import fees, so a 636 order can go up to a grand…).

I am back and forth between the UK and SA, and will have to wait for my next chance. COVID has kinda messed it up.

I’ll just stick with my alternative for now, and restock when I pop back to the UK.

(I still have 12 H&S, 8 Black, 4 bar boxes and even some peanut butter ive sourced from the US to get through)

Thanks for the updates about other international postage. Postal route that takes several weeks wouldnt bother me at all.

Happy to be a guinnie pig!

Thought I would update you all.

Having got a new supplier for my powders (which shipping was free and there were no import fees) I am fairly happy. However there was one thing I’m missing, bars.

I noticed I was running to Checkers and getting Kauai protein bars, but they’re not vegan and come up quite expensive.

So after some deliberation, I purchased eight (the max) boxes of mixed bars.

They arrived promptly, and I didn’t need to pay any taxed! These actually turned out to be great value!

So my questions for @Tim_Huel (or anyone else there) is,

1 … will you ever increase the max order? I’d have happily got 16 boxes (or more!) and in the past really wanted more than 16 bags of H&S, but more importantly

2 … are you labling the powders differently to the bars? ‘Food’ is taxed at 50% here - I’m wondering why the bars slipped through customs. Was I just lucky, or is there something you can do to avoid this?

Thanks!

1 Like